Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Arbroath

Arbroath

in the county of Angus

Aldeburgh, The Town Steps, Suffolk - October 2005

Aldeburgh

a Seaside Town in the county of Suffolk

Threlkeld Village, Cumbria. The Knowe crags in the background.

Threlkeld

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

house sitting in 2008?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 17:05 on 6th April 2009
I'm coming!!!!!  Is the van done? And I'm good at washing veg!!!  Are you going to feed me?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Xxxx
quotePosted at 02:25 on 7th April 2009
Krissy...meet me in Heathrow next spring! WWOOFING is great for families as the farmsteads sometimes are set up to accommodate and children are welcomed into the setting. There are many wonderful opportunities to learn new rural skills... herbalists need gathering and drying  and preparation & packaging  of their products, there's cheesemakers, candle & soapmakers. musicians and artists.....send me note on email.. I would love to tell you more if you are interested... Anna
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 02:27 on 7th April 2009
Oh I am so interested!!!!! I was planning on coming to the UK next spring too!!!!  I was looking at the website today!!! I will be picking your brain very soon!!! Thank you!!!
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 03:18 on 7th April 2009

I've never heard of WWOOFING, that sounds really interesting. 

Thanks Michael for resurrecting this thread. 

Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Xxxx
quotePosted at 04:11 on 7th April 2009

Because the organic food production and lifestyle of conservation and education is about living well and healthy choices.....I feel this organisation is very reputable and interconnected to the degree that integrity of purpose continues as a forward moving positive force for change and a  ( the only)good way to live. So, there is a 'family' of sorts in the booklet... and generally within a county... most agrarians will know each other... so its not an unknown situation to engage in.

Years ago, I telephoned a WWOOF farm in New Zealand asking about their plans & possibilities for my volunteering there eventually.....and a friend of mine from Canada answered the phone! This friend was from my island community in BC..and I didn't know she was there...

Please login to post to this thread...