Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

East Bergholt garden

East Bergholt

in the county of Suffolk

Shepherds Tavern, Mayfair

Mayfair

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Herefordshire

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:32 on 26th April 2008

After reading Roses reply to Peter's thread about being gone, I thought it's time I asked people to let me know of great out of the way places they know of around the areas I will be visiting in May.

I will be in Hey-on-Wye, Herefordshire, Box, near Corsham (Chippenham area) Wiltshire and of course the Oxford area where I grew up.

I have toured the Wiltshire file here, and found some lovely little churches and villages. 

So any ideas would be much appreciated.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 18:39 on 26th April 2008
Sorry Sue, I cant help you, i've not been to any of those places, but i bet someone else has! lol
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:23 on 1st May 2008

>>>After reading Roses reply to Peter's thread about being gone, I thought it's time I asked people to let me know of great out of the way places they know of around the areas I will be visiting in May.

Hi again Sue, there's a great little out of the way place that I would just love to see you visit. It's in Wheatley, sort of conical shape to it with a door at the front. It's in Church Street, Wheatley just opposite where the co-op was and on the side of the kids play area, do you know where and/or what I refer to? With any luck you could spend your whole vacation in there!! LOL and wait for the flak!

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 23:43 on 1st May 2008

I presume you mean this little place. Well let me tell you, my teachers almost put me in there several times when I was at school.

Wheatley gaol
Picture by Sue Herrera

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:13 on 2nd May 2008
Hey, there's no fooling you is there Sue, but you know I'm joking! Thinks.....if only!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:19 on 1st February 2009
That was eight months ago, must make sure it's vacated in time for her next visit!
 Please login to post to this thread...