'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Castles and cathedrals in Kent?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jelena Pavlovic
Jelena Pavlovic
quotePosted at 13:46 on 18th June 2008

Hi guys!

We're two girls from Serbia who are coming to England this August, and we'd like to visit villages and historical sites in South East and South West. Actually, we'd need any advice possible about recomended historical sites aroung England.

So far, I've made a plan for Kent, found some interesting castles/cathedrals, but since we have only 10 days for South East and S.West I thought maybe smb could give us a piece of advice - what's a must in Kent for starters.

I'm fully aware of the fact that we don't have much time, and we'll have to go by train/bus, since rentacar is too expencive for us, that's why I'm trying to make the best possible route.

Any help would be appreiciated! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 13:52 on 18th June 2008

Hello Jelena,

Welcome to the website. there are so many places you could visit, but I would certainly try to see Stonehenge. It is a unique place and has a mysterious feel about it that you just cannot forget.

Regards, Ray. 

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 14:05 on 18th June 2008

Hi Jelena:

Welcome t the POE.  I'm not from England and can't answer your question from firsthand experience, but have you searched this website for Kent?  Type Kent into the search box and take the picture tour.  My husband and I visited England for the first time last year and decided where we would visit by surfing around this marvelous website.  Good luck and best wishes on your trip.  Don't forget - when you get back home from England, we want to see the picures!

Cheers, RG

Jo Adams
Jo Adams
quotePosted at 20:09 on 18th June 2008

Hello Jelena

Welcome to Pictures Of England website.  What a beautiful country you live in too. 

If you are also coming to the South West take a look at the Tintagel pictures on this site.  It's a castle in Cornwall.

Jo

Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 20:41 on 18th June 2008
Hello Jelena
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:02 on 20th June 2008
Welcome to the POE forum Jelena. Don't forget to join in on a regular basis for the best of the net, because POE really is a great website, with a great bunch of members (well some anyhow!)
 Please login to post to this thread...