'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Chipping Ongar town sign

Chipping Ongar

in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

devon or cornwall

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Patrick Van Calck
Patrick Van Calck
quotePosted at 08:20 on 11th February 2009

Difficult question perhaps but now we're planning a trip and realize there's an awfull lot to see in the south west. So I think we have to decide between Devon or Cornwall.

I really want to see the English country side, lovely villages, charming little towns and vast impressive nature. First I was thinking of Dartmoor national parc and a quick visit to Bath. But I might have to choose.

So what do you suggest? Dartmoor and surroundings or Bath and everything around it?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:45 on 11th February 2009
Depends how long you actually plan on staying Patrick because it's all 'doable'. If there is to be a difficulty for you it may well be understanding road travel (assuming you are driving that is) because it's not exactly straight forward here. For example, if I were to drive from where I live in Oxford to London it would take about 45 mins (50 miles). However, another 50 miles in the direction of the South West could easily take double the time!
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 13:25 on 11th February 2009

Get a blind fold, a map of England and a pin. Everywhere is worth seeing, so that's probably the only way to make your final choice.

If you are driving then you will travel through Devonshire to get to Cornwall, even on the train you wiill at least see it.

Right now I'm trying to plan our 25th wedding anniversary trip to Ireland. So much to see, so little time, I know how you are feeling.

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 17:37 on 11th February 2009
I love both Cornwall and Devon Patrick. I'm not a fan of Bath mainly because I am not a city lover. I like to be away from the crowds. North Devon has some lovely rugged countryside - I adore Exmoor. South Devon has fantastic beaches and pretty villages as well as Dartmoor. North Cornwall is so different to south Cornwall. I love Marazion and the wonderful St Michaels Mount. The Eden Project is fantastic. Wherever you pick I know you will love it all!
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 17:09 on 24th February 2009
if you like gentle rolling countryside and beaches, Patrick its Devon. Cornwall also has its beuaty but the coastline is more rugged, both are nice.
 Please login to post to this thread...