Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Ford Village, Northumberland.

Ford

in the county of Northumberland

Kynance Cove, Cornwall

Kynance Cove

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

B&Bs near RAF Alconbury with bus/rail transportation access?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Joe Keller
Joe Keller
quotePosted at 02:14 on 8th March 2009

I'm looking for B&B recommendations near RAF Alconbury for when I visit the area from June 28th to July 11th.  I hope to visit my wife as she works on base during that time.

I don't want to get a rental car so I'm looking for a B&B within a 10-15km radius of RAF Alconbury where she can drive to that I can also have access to public transportation (bus, rail etc) within reasonable walking distance of a B&B.  I hope to tour the surrounding area (e.g. Cambridge, Ely, etc) using whatever transportaion system exits.  Can anyone make some recommendations?

Thank you so very much!

Joe Keller - 5 Austin St - Kalispell, MT  59901

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:20 on 8th March 2009
Although I can't help with precise accommodation Joe, if you book securely online via this website at  http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Cambridgeshire/Alconbury you will be supporting the website and get your accommodation cheaper than going direct to the hotel. Might work out the same price as a B&B!
Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 18:04 on 23rd April 2009

Sorry this a bit late...

There are 2 places very close to the main gate of Alconbury, unfortunately, i cannot remember the name of the places.  There is also bus service just down from the main gate....If i remember the name of the places i will let you no...

Please login to post to this thread...