'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hard to find accomodation in London

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ricardo Malagueño
Ricardo Malagueño
quotePosted at 00:08 on 19th December 2009

Hello again!

After browsing through many booking websites looking for cheap accomodation (read: hostels) in central London I found that most of them have age restrictions: they don't accept guests over 35 year old. I am 42 so this is a huge problem even though I am very used to hostels and sharing rooms and mixing with younger people. The worse part is that such restriction is "suggested" in the websites but clearly (and sometimes rudely) applied, according to reviews left by previous guests.

So I turn again to you people to help me find some hostel in London suitable for older people. It MUST be a hostel since everything else is very expensive for my budget (max 25 euros per day).

So far I have checked dozens of hostels on the internet and couldn't find any.

Thank you

Ricardo

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:42 on 19th December 2009

Sorry you have encountered this problem Ricardo. This country is is a crazy place!

I do not visit London myself so I am unable to help. I do not know whether there are any deals through the POE website that come out this cheaply but I do know London is an expensive place to visit.

Have you thought about staying outside the city and travelling in to visit? What time of year are you visiting? You could think about camping in the surrounding countryside and then travelling in. Good luck with this and it is nice to see you again.

Ricardo Malagueño
Ricardo Malagueño
quotePosted at 18:39 on 20th December 2009

Thank you Stepanie for your advice, but my main concern now is to find a place where a person over 40 will not be kicked out just because. 

I am planning my trip (postponed yet again) for May 2010; I like to plan ahead and a bed is the first thing I need secured.

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 07:09 on 21st December 2009

http://www.visitlondon.com/accommodation/camping/

This gives you some camping information in the London area Ricardo - May would be fine for camping and there would be no silly age restrictions I am sure.

Maybe as an alternative you could try some of the Bed & Breakfast accommodation listed on POE - they some times are a cheap alternative to hotels and may be more expensive than hostels but you have to take into account the cost of the breakfasts which are usually very filling and can last you through to your evening meal!

Good luck!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:17 on 21st December 2009
Ricardo, POE has accommodation listed on its site from £10 per night!!
 Please login to post to this thread...