'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A stunning view from Earls Seat, on The Campsie's, above Strahblane looking north to Loch Lomond.

Strathblane

in the county of Stirlingshire

A view of the old Gate House at the old deer park between Revesby and Horncastle, Lincolnshire

Revesby

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Public transport on bank holiday --PLEASE HELP!--

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ricardo MalagueƱo
Ricardo MalagueƱo
quotePosted at 00:46 on 8th April 2010
I am going over the last details for my trip to England next April 25th, but now I found a big problem.

In order to get to Bourton-on-the-water on May 3rd I am trying to buy online the tickets for transportation from Bath. I checked the options all these days and everything seemed ok... but suddenly nothing is available because of the bank holiday exactly on the day I wanted. I am using the site www.transportdirect.info to search and there is nothing available for that day from Bath to Bourton. But on the other hand the train tickets for some part of that itinerary are normally sold in the website of National Rail... very confusing indeed!

I am sending lots of emails to every train company to enquiry about this but didn't get any reply yet.

So far, the closest points to Bourton I can get to are Kemble or Cheltenham, by train. Since I am not familiar with bus companies in the area I can search no further.

I would appreciate if someone knows or can find out some accurate information about this matter (public transport services alterations), or at least how to get from Kemble or Cheltenham (or some other point) to Bourton.  I really don't want to miss my so-wanted visit to the Costwolds.

Thanks,

Ricardo
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 01:47 on 8th April 2010

Pulham's Coaches here should be able to help.

http://www.pulhamscoaches.com/#/timetables/4539355309

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 08:57 on 8th April 2010
I think you'll find buses less than half the cost of rail travel, more reliable, and you will see more of the villages etc. Unfotunately, although you may have coosen the best time of the year to visit, we are now in the 'run-up' of a General election on the first week in May so militant right and left wing unions and groups will be trying hard to disrupt the smooth running of the country. .My advice is plan ahead but have a plan 2 just in case. The bus/coach companies should be ok though and you'll probly meet nicer people to chat to. Have a good trip.Smile
 Please login to post to this thread...