Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Tunbridge Wells

Tunbridge Wells

in the county of Kent

St Andrews Church a Ruin, at Roudham, Norfolk

Roudham

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Volcanic plume affecting air transport?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Kahu
Kahu
quotePosted at 05:21 on 21st April 2010
Can anyone tell me what the situation regarding flights in and out of Heathrow is at now? We're planning a trip over towards the middle of September to Mid October ..... I hope things will be much clearer then.

Edited by: Kahu at:21st April 2010 05:22
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:33 on 21st April 2010

My understanding is that flights are being resumed today Kahu but the backlog of travellers could take a month or more to resolve. Apparently the bookings are being honoured as per 'today' so if you are due to fly today you do, and the rest of the available seats will be filled with those trying to get back home.

What a wonderful trip to be planning, but hey it's a really long flight! Lol

The bonus is paid out when you set foot on England's green and pleasant land!

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 12:45 on 21st April 2010
Eurpean air traffic have given airlines the choice of flying if they guarentee to complete a risk assessment and engine check after every flight. (can the smaller airlines with few engineers manage this? Aircraft design engineers and flying authorities have relaxed some of the strict limits set, under pressure from civil operators..... the Uk airports are now open and backlogs are being cleared but this will take a few days. It should all be Ok well before September but I hope they are not prooved wrong, time can only tell.Undecided
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 20:58 on 25th April 2010

We have a couple at our church who are from Ireland.  The wife's sister lives in Dublin, but spends the winters here.  She was supposed to fly home last Sunday, but I saw here in church today and now she will be flying home next Sunday.  I told her that I hope the next time that volcano sends up an ash plume that it happens when we're over there so we can have an extended stay.

Especially since I know so many of you now who'll take care of me......Tongue out Wink

Please login to post to this thread...