Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bishop's Waltham Palace Ruins

Bishop's Waltham

in the county of Hampshire

Looking towards Hengistbury Head from Highcliffe beach, Highcliffe, Dorset

Highcliffe

in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Donations/ Membership Upgrade - Your support needed please

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 15:25 on 28th May 2011

WOW.  Almost 100 members have upgraded to the Premier Membership and it is astounding to see they are from all over the world UK, USA, Netherlands, Australia, Canada, South Africa - we have seen the power of POE in many different instances and with this amount of world-wide positive thinking we just have to succeed in saving POE.

But despite the generosity of the above members - it represents less than 1% of the membership - this is no where near enough to sustain the site and ensure its future.

If you haven't yet contributed please do so as soon as possible - every little bit is going to help, but especially if you can take a Premier Membership.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 17:24 on 28th May 2011

Good to see we are nearing the 100, the first milestone!!! And as Cathyml quite rightly says less than 1%.....   .008% to be a bit more accurate so still a very long way to go. Ideas for sponsors or any other means of raisinf funding for the site is what we need. So if any you regular forum members have any ideas, irrespective of how 'silly' they may seem to you let Ron, Chris and Sarah have your thoughts. Give them the chance to decide, because who knows, you could be the one responsible for saving the site. I've already put a few ideas to Ron and I know they will be considered and actioned if deemed suitable. So get your thinking caps on, lets have some fund raising suggestions.

(Learnt my lesson Ron, same post on two threads different wording. The old grey matter remembered that one ! ! !)

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:32 on 28th May 2011

Well done to all of you guys 'n' gals!

Keep up the good work but hey, I'm going to watch Barcelona v Man Utd so please don't do anything wrong whilst I'm away! LOL

Be back later...

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:40 on 28th May 2011
Way to go Man Utd!!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:27 on 28th May 2011
Sorry, can't talk about the result CathyML so where were we in promoting POE and raising funds?
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 09:50 on 29th May 2011

Earnestly still requesting ALL members to send a donation a.s.a.p. (or sooner), or to take out the Premier Membership, so that we can be sure the POE site will survive.  It is up to us!

Who will be the 100th subscriber, quickly followed hopefully by 200th!

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 18:45 on 29th May 2011
Still waiting to see who will be the 100th Premier Member - will it be you?
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 06:53 on 30th May 2011

I do hope that Chris & Sarah will get a flood of donations/membership fees now it is the end of the month.

There is a long way to go before POE's existence is secured into the future.

HAVE YOU SENT A DONATION?

BECOME A PREMIER MEMBER

Please do something now?

Marjorie Pope
Marjorie Pope
quotePosted at 09:33 on 30th May 2011

I have never forgotten my piano teacher's motto from many many years ago....

DO  IT  NOW !!

Good advice!.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 09:53 on 30th May 2011

It is a public/bank holiday today, so lets hope when the banks open again tomorrow the 100 will be well exceeded. Noticed a few 'non premier members' submitting pictures over the last few days. But ofcourse they may have decided on the monthly membership or donated less. Let's just hope that the notices on the various pages will have the desired effect. I certainly agree with whoever it was (sorry can't remember who without going back in the forums!! sincere apologies) that suggested some sort of recognition mark for all those who have donated irrespective of how much!!