'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Kensington

Kensington

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Chris Rennie from Maryland, USA

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Chris Rennie
Chris Rennie
quotePosted at 18:29 on 8th November 2007

Hi,

My name is Chris Rennie.  I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland.  I work for a small computer software company.  I enjoy photography, but unfortunately don't really have time for it as my kids keep me busy.  I have enjoyed posting and viewing pictures on the site for a couple years now.  My wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed our holidays to England and hope to keep coming back.  I hope Pictures of England continues to be successful as they have created an excellent and useful site!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Jeff Chapman
Jeff Chapman
quotePosted at 09:17 on 13th November 2007

Hi Chris, glad to hear that you enjoy your visits to England,what in your opinion is the main differences you notice between where you are and where you,ve been over here

regards

jeff

Chris Rennie
Chris Rennie
quotePosted at 15:51 on 14th December 2007

Hi Jeff, sorry I am so late in returning your question!  We really enjoyed England's history, different architecture, villages, countryside, people and vehicles.  We have friends in England which brings an extra level of comfort.  We enjoy the fact that there is so much to see and driving "across country" is measured in hours, not days!  We live in the Washington DC area and it has some history too and is really pretty in the Spring and Fall.  Downtown DC is nice too with its classic architecture, a variety of museums and the National Mall area with all its monuments.  It doesn't herald back to Roman times though! ;-)   Of course, living in a place changes your view of it a bit, so England has the advantage of being a desired holiday destination as opposed to a place where we live and work.  I have enjoyed England's varied landscape, though haven't made it to the Lake District yet.  Naturally, the US has a varied landscape too and I do get to visit Arizona for work quite often, which is quite different from where I live.  Of course, with the US dollar the way it is, it will make visiting England and Europe a bit more expensive that it already was! ;-)

Where do you live, Jeff?  Interesting making the shepard's crooks.  Do you have any pictures of them?  Have you ever visited North America?

Chris

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:39 on 10th March 2008
I agree with you Chris, a great site.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 19:59 on 10th March 2008

I have a niece in Maryland, I need to get out and visit her one day.

Welcome to the site, I'm looking forward to viewing your pictures.

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 13:03 on 11th March 2008

Hi Chris

Hope you and your family are well. I think you have been visiting the site for about 3 years now, since early 05. Thanks for all the pictures you've posted in the past. We're looking forward to seeing more after your next trip to England Smile

Any idea when that will be? Smile

Please login to post to this thread...