Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Sun setting on Margate in Kent. - April 2006

Margate

a Seaside Town in the county of Kent

From Castlerigg Farm Campsite, looking towards Cat Bells. Lake District

Castlerigg

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Howdy from Texas!!!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:27 on 18th March 2008

Tut, tut Sue....touched a nerve there eh? Brilliant response Sue, now to deal with that Peter!

Well now where is this going to take us Peter? Welsh eh? Let me just say that the only good thing that comes out of Wales is the A40...Nite, nite, lol of course!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 21:08 on 18th March 2008
Ahem...I'm half welsh, any comment?lol
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:49 on 18th March 2008
Ello my littal flowa! Owe r you? Di the milk will be yer soon, so don't lock the door now boyo, oh and that after Di the bread, Di the gas, Di the post! Oh dear Lyn, thats one for the diary!
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:29 on 18th March 2008

Its OK Lyn, I think he is just being a twp. Poor Andrea will be wondering what she has got herself into.

Anres, get some mud and start slinging. its all good clean fur.

Andrea Slough-kubsch
Andrea Slough-kubsch
quotePosted at 02:56 on 19th March 2008

Howdy everyone!!! Thanx so much for the welcome.  I can't wait to get over there and have a drink with you in a bonafide English pub.  You sound like a wild and crazy bunch of hooligans and I'm proud to know ya!  As far as the question about how I pronounce Slough it is like  pow, I guess that's the easiest way to say it.  My brother and his wife and my husband and myself have decided on April 2009 for our trip.  That gives me plenty of time to save so I can buy some English lace and hopefully some Royal Doulton with the hand painted periwinkles, hahaha or some English china of some sort.  I could go crazy there.  I'm taking a course this summer for graduate work, entitled "Tudor and Stuart England".  This is my favorite era, except possibly the medieval Arthurian era.  Anyway,  there is a whole passel of Anglophiles here and we love to talk about English history.  We are pretty much Elizabethan groupies.  See what the Beatles started??????  Love them too.  Dave Clark Five, I saw the Animals in concert in 68.  Love Twiggy and Petula and Lulu and especially Captain Peacock.  I could go on and on but you know them better than I, so I'll stop bending your ear and close.  I have homework to do.  Imagine being back in college at 54!!!!!  Anyway thanx again and I'll be checking the site to learn more about you.

Andrea

Sharon Hebert Linzy
Sharon Hebert Linzy
quotePosted at 03:50 on 19th March 2008

HI Andrea

I can tell you that this is really one of the greatest and friendliest sites I have ever visited!! Suggestions here helped me locate a lost pen pal from
England after 35 years! Just one thing though.. My granddaughter is 6 years old and after studying about the Pilgrims in history, has told me that anyone who is from England is a Pilgrim!!!   :-) Gee, I hope that is not what they are really teaching the kids here in America!!!  I will have to talk to her some more!!  I am from Louisiana and your neighbor!!!!!  Glad to see you here!!

Sharon Hebert Linzy

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:36 on 19th March 2008

Andrea

You are just Soooo English! What a great post but sadly I remember them too....what I mean is we are getting on a bit now, were going to bits and pieces, but were glad all over, downtown, in the house of the rising sun, we shout, about a hard days night.......OK I'll stop now before I get more abuse from a few who agreed that I was a plonker! I suppose I did ask for it!!

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 13:45 on 19th March 2008
Going to school at 54 is admirable. Be proud of yourself, as we are proud of you.
L
L
quotePosted at 20:31 on 19th March 2008
Wow, school at 54, I admire you for that. I went to pottery classes a few years ago, how impressed are you all with that eh?Wink
Andrea Slough-kubsch
Andrea Slough-kubsch
quotePosted at 23:17 on 19th March 2008
You know, school is really fun now in that the first time I went to college at 17, I didn't know what I wanted to do, I made less than stellar grades.  When I went to nursing school, I was married, working full time, and had 2 boys 8 and 10.  I don't even remember those 3 years of their lives.  I think I only saw them awake on weekends.  Thank goodness for a good husband.  Now the boys are 28 and 31, the husband is self sufficient and I'm not working, so I can focus more on school itself.  Problem is, the old synapses don't synapse as quick as they used to.  I find my memory abilities are a tad diminished so I have to work twice as hard, but I figure if I can complete my masters by the time I'm 58, I'll be able to work 10 years or so and maybe more.  I just wasn't ready to sit around and crochet or quilt for the next 30 years.  And I DO plan on living till at least 80, lol.  By the way, I got a very nice letter from her Majesty's (sp) secretary when I wrote to her about my proposed dissertation.  It has the royal seal and everything on it.  I was so excited when I saw it my mailbox.