Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Ironbridge in Shropshire. October 2005

Ironbridge

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello Everyone!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

quote | editPosted at 22:41 on 7th February 2008

Hello, my name is Susan and I live about 15 minutes walk from the city of Worcester. Born and bred here I have seen a few changes in my 54 years....lots of open meadows and fields on the doorstep have been buried under concrete but there is still the peace that can be found in walking my Jack Russell through Nunnery Woods and Horn Hill meadows which are medieval and have a protection order slapped on themSmile. I came across this wonderful site whilst seeking inspirational images to turn in to watercolour paintings....I am going to be spoilt for choice. I'm by no means an accomplished artist, very much a struggling beginner but I find I can lose myself in art and sometimes produce something that does not go in the bin. England is a beautiful country and there is not much to choose between it and my parents' homeland in southern Ireland....both equally historic and full of  glorious landscapes...glad I have found you!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions

quote | editPosted at 22:10 on 12th February 2008
Further to the above, I would like to assure you that if I use any photograph as a basis for a painting I would of course acknowledge the photographer.Innocent
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 19:37 on 22nd February 2008

Hi Sue

Welcome to the site, and thanks for the slap on the wrist by the way. Things can get so busy sometimes with trying to further develop the site, that we overlook some of the other, and often more important things like welcoming new members! Embarassed I guess sometimes we hope that other members have it covered. A bit naive and presumptuous of us i know. Anyway, from now on, everyone gets a welcome

Regarding your art, it would be nice to see some of it sometime if you don't mind sharing. Do you have any of your work up online? (I'm secretly hoping you have some of the Malvern hills! :))

quote | editPosted at 21:26 on 22nd February 2008

Hi Poe!!!

Thankyou for the welcome ....I'm afraid I am by no means a professional artist....jsut for pleasure....my paintings are online but in a forum called Watercolour Haven.....and you have to be a member to view them! I have not tackled the Malverns yet but did one based on photograph that I posted here called "Across the Severn".......if you like I could email it...see what you think....oh, my sister liked it and bought it!!

Sue

Please login to post to this thread...