Gorleston-on-Sea

in the county of Norfolk

Dalton-in-Furness Castle, Cumbria

Dalton-in-Furness

in the county of Cumbria

Houseboats

Berkhamsted

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello from Somerset

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jo Adams
Jo Adams
quotePosted at 23:43 on 31st May 2008

Hello everyone

My name is Jo and I live in Somerset. Believe it or not, although I've been registered on PoE since September 2006, today (or was it yesterday) is the first time I've been to the Forum.  What a great site this is. 

I live with David, my husband of almost 48 years - and from that you can deduce we're both retired.  We have two daughters and two granddaughters. I was born and still live in Bridgwater, but David was born in a little village called St Wenn in beautiful Cornwall.  He came to Somerset  when he was about eight years old, but is still definitely proud to be Cornish. 

For some 25 years we were the proud owners of a camper (well two actually) and enjoyed the freedom this gave us to travel, parking up for the night wherever we were at the end of the day.  Our last big holiday in our "Daisy" was to Europe where we travelled through eight countries in seven weeks - that was a challenge with all the different pre-Euro currencies but worth the struggle.  Unfortunately we had to sell her when David had a stroke (he's fine now).  Daisy is now the proud possession of a couple with a young daughter and is still going strong and looking good.

We still enjoy our holidays, usually in a rented caravan, as we like to be free agents and hate to be tied to hotel mealtimes - eat when we're hungry!  I love photography, inherited I think from my semi-professional photographer father.  My daughters and granddaughters are also following in our footsteps.  I have just replaced by Canon digital camera - the screen is so small - with a Panasonic TZ3 Lumix which I'm thrilled with, although it's only a compact. Gone are the days when I carry around an SLR with all the various lenses.

My only complaint with PoE is that it's very addictive (but I love it).

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 23:52 on 31st May 2008

Hello Jo:

They have a little tradition here of competing to be the first to welcome a new forum member and lucky for me, I get to be the first to greet you.  But I suppose I'm cheating since it's only 15:48 where I'm sitting.  But welcome anyway!

That sound like a lovely way to travel, a caravan.  We call them campers over here.  But what a wonderful place to caravan around in - England.  It's a great place!

We have a delightful gentlemen here who's also from Cornwall (which I'm sure you already know if you've read the latest threads.  Yes, I agree, the POE place definitely hooks you.  I love it too!

Talk to you soon, Jo.  BFN - RG

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 00:37 on 1st June 2008

Hello Jo, welcome to the site. I did welcome you on another thread, but now its official.  I have just come back from a holiday in Cornwall, I go there 2 or 3 times a year, i love the place. I also stay in rented caravans,as you say free to go, do, eat anytime you like. Please come in and chat with us any time you feel like it.

Cor, beaten by a Yank at the welcome's. We will never live this down.

quote | editPosted at 03:35 on 1st June 2008

Welcome Jo, I'm new here too. I kind of stumbled across the site one day and now I can't keep away.

I'm sure that you'l have a great time here. The folk are friendly and the site is interesting.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 06:03 on 1st June 2008
On 1st June 2008 00:37, Peter Evans wrote:

Cor, beaten by a Yank at the welcome's. We will never live this down.

What's cor mean, Peter.  Is that short for something?
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 06:29 on 1st June 2008

I really like this one, Jo.

St Agnes Head, Cornwall
Picture by Jo Adams

Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 13:46 on 1st June 2008
hELLo JO LoveLy pICTurE soRRy ABout ThE T ypINg MrS tREGaLlIon IS gEtTing Me a NEw One tOdAY
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 13:52 on 1st June 2008
I think you better put the hammer down before Mrs. Tregallion does, Dezil.
L
L
quotePosted at 15:48 on 1st June 2008

Hi Jo, I think I welcomed you in another post, but you can have another welcome here too LOL

Oh Denzil! LOL!!! 

Jo Adams
Jo Adams
quotePosted at 17:40 on 1st June 2008

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome.  So sorry to have two entries here.  I'd just finished my introduction and had a visitor so blocked and copied just in case it timed out.  When I got back the computer froze on me so I rebooted - I did check the forum which showed nothing so I did it again!  Not as silly as it sounds as I received more welcomes from you all!

As Ruth said she had the advantage of being on a different time zone - obviously the rest of you don't stay up as late as I do.  I'm not so sure about joining a madhouse Innocent but perhaps I'll hang around for a while  Wink to confirm just how mad you all are!

By the way Ruth - we don't tour around with the caravan - we usually rent a static one and travel around the area by car.