Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Peters Church at Zeal Monachorum, Devon

Zeal Monachorum

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello everyone--I'm Lorraine from County Durham

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

Lorraine
Lorraine
quotePosted at 21:36 on 18th June 2008

Hi----you're all as crazy as a box of frogs so that's a good enough reason for me to  join in!!

I'm past my sell-by date and since 1976 have worked in a sub post office-----but only until  1st July when Gordon's crowd (Brown-Labour Party) is closing us down and I will be on the scrap heap!!

I live on the S.W.Durham/North Yorkshire border and feel very lucky  to have   very varied and  beautiful countryside right on my doorstep.

I love walking, but as I am unable to do so at the moment I have  resorted to car and camera. As a "retirement" present I've bought myself a new camera   ( I'll get nothing from the Post Office for 30 years service!!!)  so I  hope you like the photos of my local area.

. Thanks to those of  you who have already posted comments on some of my pics..

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:40 on 18th June 2008

Hi Lorraine:

This will be very brief, cuz I think it's probably going to be a race to greet you first.  But Welcome!!!! 

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:42 on 18th June 2008

YES!!!! (high 5) (or 6 if you're Denzil).

I checked out County Durham on the site Lorraine - God's country for sure.  You also have some wonderful pix.  Looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers,

RG

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 21:44 on 18th June 2008
Hi Lorraine, as you already know, I love your pictures!!!! Welcome to the forum/madhouse it's great fun in here!
L
L
quotePosted at 21:45 on 18th June 2008

Hi Lorraine welcome to the madhouse Tongue out

Crazy as a box of frogs? never heard that one before lol but you're sooo right! We have something in common, I too work for that wonderful establishment.Undecided....The Post Office, have done for about 15 years, not sure yet if ours is closing down but hopefully we will be one of the lucky ones. Lets face it the PO gives NOTHING away, I sometimes think I should be workling for Royal Mail instead LOL I will now go and look at your pics.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 21:56 on 18th June 2008

Ha Ruth, your first post amuses me.

I've done exactly the same thing in order to be the first greeter.

So Lorraine,  . You indeed have joined in with a crazy bunch of people, and I'm getting a feeling that you may just be fitting in with us perfectly.

Sorry about your job with the PO, that surely stinks.

Looking forward to getting to know you here on the forum, and seeing all of your wonderful pictures.

Happy day   .

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 22:02 on 18th June 2008

Afternoon, Sue.  I took a late lunch at the house, but now it's back to work.  It's kinda nice to be able to participate live once in a while.  And sometimes its the only way to get in first with a welcome for a new member. 

Hi again, Lorraine - don't want to fray your thread too soon.  LOL.

L
L
quotePosted at 22:09 on 18th June 2008
Ruth and Andy....you beat me too itCry , I typed more than you thats why my posting was THIRD lol
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:15 on 18th June 2008
Hi Lorraine. Welcome to our site. Cant say its POEs site anymore, we turned it into a madhouse. Hope you enjoy yourself in here with us. Although we are bonkers, we are harmless. Well, most of us anyway.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 00:31 on 19th June 2008
On 18th June 2008 22:09, Lyn Greenaway wrote:
Ruth and Andy....you beat me too itCry , I typed more than you thats why my posting was THIRD lol

Awww!  Honeeeeyy!  Kiss
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >