Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Helens town centre taken from the multi-story carpark.

St Helens

in the county of Merseyside

Budle Bay, Northumberland

Budle Bay

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hi I'm Stephanie - a bit late to introduce myself I know but I've only just found this bit!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 Next >

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 19:20 on 5th July 2008

Hi everyone - I am new to all this website stuff so excuse me for not properly introducing myself before! May I take this opportunity to thank people for there lovely comments about my photos. May I also say how much I am enjoying seeing all yours and find it a wonderful escape and also how great POE are and appreciate all their hard work. I am 43 and live in the Black Country - near Dudley in the West Midlands. I live next to Saltwells Nature Reserve which I adore. I am passionate about the area in which I was also born. There are so many special places to see here (Saltwells, Haden Hill, Clent, Wrens Nest, Himley to name a few). I also do alot of travelling in Britain with my family.  I am married with 3 young sons and I am a partner in my own accountancy practice so I am very busy as you can imagine! I love photography and art and I attended Bournville School of Art in my youth but ended up doing accountancy. I carry a camera most of the time and take thousands of photos and my business partner moans about me taking up so much room on the computer!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 19:25 on 5th July 2008
Hi Stephanie, better late than never!  Welcome to this nuthouse, may you soon be as nutty as some of them in here (not me though, I'm quite sane so I keep telling myself LOL Wink) First again!!! he he heeee
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 19:33 on 5th July 2008

Hello Stephanie, it's wonderful to see you here on the forum, as I have been enjoying your fantastic photos for a long time.

So a HUGE    , and I hope you join us in our forum banter, though a warning, it can get a little crazy in here, with some really odd characters.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:09 on 5th July 2008
Hi Stephanie:  Nice to finally meet you.  I, too, really enjoy your photos.  The place you live sounds lovely.  I hope you enjoy the forum.  It's Powerful!  It's Pretty!  And the people here are.......POEtic - in words and pics.  Have a great time here, Stephanie.
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 21:27 on 5th July 2008
Thanks for your welcome Lyn, Sue and Ruth. I have been working out who everyone is over the last few months but I must admit that it took me ages to work out who POE is- I can be quite slow to catch on!! It is interesting to correspond with people from so many different places. I have been lucky enough to visit the USA - 13 years ago - I got married in Waikiki on Oahu island and visited Los Angeles on the way and San Fransisco on the way back. We haven't been abroad since mainly because of my children - as soon as they have been old enough for me to be happy for them to go I have had another baby but I've had my last 3 years ago! There are so many lovely places to visit in Britain and weather doesn't concern us - we just get the wellies and waterproofs out! My children love photograph too and take some interesting shots! I will sign off now and have a rest.Smile
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 21:35 on 5th July 2008
On 5th July 2008 21:27, Stephanie Jackson wrote:
but I must admit that it took me ages to work out who POE is- I can be quite slow to catch on!! 

You are not alone, Stephanie, I had to have it spelled out to me as well, and I know others have too.

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 22:04 on 5th July 2008
Welcome Stephanie....I love your pictures!!!
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 22:26 on 5th July 2008
Welcome from me too Stephanie. I have also looked at your photos and realy like them. Thanks for the nice comments you left on mine.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 22:49 on 5th July 2008

Hi Stephanie:  Sounds like a wonderful wedding!!  I LOVE San Francisco!  Last time I was there we drove back to Arizona via the coast highway and camped right on the shore at a state park near Big Sur, which is sadly, on fire as I type this. 

I love this one that you just sent in:

Through the topiary trees

quote | editPosted at 22:58 on 5th July 2008
Hi Stephanie and a warm welcome to POE....it took a while for the penny to drop with me too!!Laughing
1 2 3 4 Next >