Farnborough

in the county of Hampshire

Mitre Inn, Hampton Court Bridge, East Molesey

East Molesey

in the county of Surrey

Me climbing onto the Sarah Siddons.

Ealing

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Greetings from Holland

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

TedPremier Member - Click for more info
Ted
quotePosted at 13:07 on 14th January 2009

Hello everybody on POE. Each year when I’m starting to prepare our next visit to England, this website is one of the first I visit to get myself a picture (Wink) of the part of England we are planned to explore. After so many years it’s time to join the club.  

My name is Ted, 51 years old, married (almost 28 years with my lovely wife Brigit), have two sons’, 21 and 23 years old, and working for a major French oil company. I’m living in The Hague, The Netherlands.

Al least once a year we are making a long trip to England. Each time to another part, but mostly near the coast. After visiting Kent, Norfolk, Yorkshire Devon and Cornwall, this year Purbeck in Dorset will be our destination.

We like to walk and to drive along the small county lanes, visiting the small villages and towns and all the historical places. Strolling around the car boot sales is some thing we can’t resist at all. England has so much to offer.

From all of our visits I made a lot of pictures and I shall do my best to post some of theme.

The picture above (if it shows) is made in April last year in Coverack, Cornwall. On my little head there are all the pin’s (100+) that I collected over the years that I’m visiting England.

Enough about me. See you around on POE

Greetings from Holland

Ted

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 13:24 on 14th January 2009
Hello Ted and welcome to the POE family! Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:32 on 14th January 2009
Hi Ted, glad you made it to the forum. Enjoy POE where you will meet with many friends who have submitted many thousands of wonderful photographs. Then there is the rest of the website to explore....hotels, history, famous Brits.....flags, the list goes on.
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 14:05 on 14th January 2009
Hi Ted!!!!
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:05 on 14th January 2009

Many welcomes Ted and also Brigit.

What a lovely picture! I see 28 years of love in that picture.  

May you have many years of roaming the beautiful English countryside together, and many pictures to share with all through POE (Pictures of England). And now we are going to get the pleasure of getting to know you through the forums. Happy day! 

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 14:06 on 14th January 2009
Hi Ted!Smile
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 18:10 on 14th January 2009
Hi Ted! A big warm welcome to POE from me too! Glad you can join us. Hope you get into the forum as well and have some fun! Looking forward to seeing your pictures.
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 18:16 on 14th January 2009
Welcome Ted! Lovely photo. You like similar holidays to me. I love Cornwalll and Devon - also Pembrokeshire in West Wales.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 04:24 on 16th January 2009

Hi Ted: Welcome to POE  We used this brilliant website when we were planning our trip to England too.  That's a lovely photo of you and your wife.  I looked at your pics - they're brilliant.  Looks like you made it from one end of the island to the other.  And I think another cool thing about England is its proximity to the rest of Europe.  It would be great to be able to be within a few hours of Holland, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Spain, etc.  I'm looking forward to more of your pictures.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 04:26 on 16th January 2009

Here's a great shot from Ted:

St Michaels bay
Picture by Ted van Onzen

Reminds me of Ireland, Ted.  And notice the rainbow, everybody.

Please login to post to this thread...