Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Holbeach, Lincolnshire. Winner of Britain in Bloom Sign

Holbeach

in the county of Lincolnshire

Castle Acre Priory, Norfolk

Castle Acre

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

It's cold Up Here.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Steve LaceyPremier Member - Click for more info
Steve Lacey
quotePosted at 02:38 on 21st January 2009

I'm writing from Yellowknife, NWT, Canada, where it's cold at this time of year. The last two or three days we've warmed up to about -5C but the average temperature for January is in the -25 to -40 range. 

My family and I have visited the UK several times. We've seen the main tourist sites and sights, of course--the highlights of London, Stratford upon Avon, Oxford, Stonehenge, Bath, and so on. We've visited the historical family places: Wyke (Bradford), Holbeach (Lincolnshire), Kirby Muxloe (Leicester), and some others. Besides England we've spent time in Wales (Mumbles and the Gower principally), Cornwall (Penzance and Mousehole), and Scotland (Borderlands and Nairn especially). That's enough to go on with, but there are other places in our picture albums as well.

As a teacher I've taken students on 7 educational tours of England since 1994, mostly in the south but once or twice in the Midlands and Scotland as well.

Photography has always been an interest and a hobby. In addition I'm a musician, traveller, private pilot, reader, writer, and volunteer. Some of my pictures are already posted on Google Earth and I'll be posting some pictures from our recent visit (October 2008) in this forum in the next few days.

Steve  

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 03:37 on 21st January 2009
Hi Steve and welcome to PoE ad will look forwards to seeing your photos. I can just imagine what it's like up there . Had similar in Manitoba on the odd occasion .
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:52 on 21st January 2009

Hi Steve:  Welcome from me too, from sunny, warm Arizona.  It was 75°F today.  I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 05:53 on 21st January 2009

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the website from one retired 'teach' to another. I look forward to viewing your pictures with interest.

Regards, Ray.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:07 on 21st January 2009
Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron also Steve, glad you made it. Now all that remains is for you to post those pictures for us all to enjoy. There is the rest of the POE website of course with many features and area's of pure enjoyment! Join in with the forum on any subject, whenever you can.
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 12:35 on 21st January 2009
Hi Steve! A big warm welcome to POE from me too! Look forward to seeing your pictures. Hope you can join us throughout the forum as well. Smile
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 14:25 on 21st January 2009
Hi Steve, and welcome to the POE family! Wow, and I thought it was cold in Boston! Laughing
Peter M
Peter M
quotePosted at 10:38 on 22nd January 2009

Hi Steve, welcome!

Peter

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 13:50 on 22nd January 2009

Welcome to the forum Steve. I used to have a friend up in Yellowknife, we've lost touch over the years though.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures, and having you join us here on the forums. 

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 13:57 on 22nd January 2009

Hi Steve!!! Nice to meet you!! And I shall never complain about the cold weather here!