Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Southerndown Beach, Vale Of Glamorgan. August 2004

Southerndown

in the county of Glamorgan

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Erin from Michigan, US

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:13 on 25th August 2009

Hello Erin, and congrats on your new marriage. Welcome to the POE family! Smile

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 01:38 on 31st August 2009
Hi Erin, and welcome from me too.  You've come to the right place.  Planning the trip is half the fun and this site will give you a lot of good ideas. My husband and I have been twice now (we just got back last week-we're in Arizona).  You'll have a great time, I'm sure, no matter where you go.
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 16:39 on 31st August 2009
Welcome Erin - sound like a busy trip you have planned! I live in the Black Country which is in the Heart of England
Lorin Crosby
Lorin Crosby
quotePosted at 01:46 on 24th October 2009
On 23rd August 2009 23:56, Erin Efrusy wrote:

Hi all, so far I LOVE this sight.  I am 32, recently married and dying to head over to England.  We just bought our first house and before we have kids we are taking that trip.

My new husband and I are planning on visiting in May next year, right now we are researching places to go for our visit.  So far the plan is a few days in London, a few in Manchester and then spots throughout in between.  So far I would like to do Cotswolds, Stonehenge and Liverpool, & possibly the "English Riviera" as well if possible.  I want to throw in a few Castles, some museums in the cities....I can't wait to get there!  He and I both agree I should have been born in England.

Because I live near Detroit, we get a Canadian Station so I get to watch Coronation Street, which I am now a huge fan of and I LOVE BBC America.  I have actually taken to just following Corrie on ITV.com since what plays in Canada is on a delay. 

I can't wait to learn so much more about the wonderful country on this site!

Lorin Crosby
Lorin Crosby
quotePosted at 01:55 on 24th October 2009

Hello Erin!  You now have the opportunity to spend countless hours browsing for hours within the confines of this wonderful web page. Like yourself I reside in Michigan (Alpena) with my lovely wife and 3 fairly well behaved children. I will someday make it to the beautiful country where my ancestors departed in June of 1635. It has long been my dream to visit the County of Lincolnshire which is where they are from. Enjoy the many many views and pictures that are here for your enjoyment. Take care.

Christine Cooney
Christine Cooney
quotePosted at 22:52 on 24th October 2009
Hi there! I am Mrs England! lol! I love this country so much and want everyone to love it just as much. London is ok but your must take a look at beautiful Dorset and make sure you pop up North to Cumbria and Yorkshire Dales. If we could promise great weather then you would be over the moon! I'm from Coronation City (Manchester) and I too love the show! Hope your trip is fantastic and we look forward to having a great friend to England on our shores!
Rob Morris
Rob Morris
quotePosted at 14:40 on 25th October 2009
Welcome Erin. I'm sure you will enjoy your trip no matter where you go in England. There are many great thing to see and do there, but for me, the cathedrals are a must see!! One piece of advice though, pack as light as possible. Using the train system for travel while there can be a daunting task, to say the least, when hauling around all your luggage with you.
Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 18:33 on 25th October 2009

Welcome Erin. I haven't been in here much lately, but I too am relatively new to this group(maybe a year) and its fantastic. I used to live across the pond from you....in a town called Kenosha, Wi. My husband was born n raised here in South Shields(N.E. on the Sea Side...lol...and love it. Our kids are still back in Kenosha area. When you have some time we can chat more either in here or via email if you like. We have house guests from america, austrailia, new zealand, germany and expecting more in Nov.2009. We will gladly play 'tour guide' for you when you make your arrival, but we can talk more about that as time goes on.

This is a great room and great group of people so welcome...and join in on the fun...we look forward to hearing more from you and your plans.

No...the picture is NOT Lake Michigan! LOL...but some have thought it was....

Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 18:34 on 25th October 2009
Could always tell them...'that's February snow piled up in the background view there!
 Please login to post to this thread...