Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

War Memorial in the Church

Wroxham

in the county of Norfolk

Symond's Yat, Herefordshire.

Symonds Yat

in the county of Herefordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Erin from Michigan, US

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Erin Efrusy
Erin Efrusy
quotePosted at 23:56 on 23rd August 2009

Hi all, so far I LOVE this sight.  I am 32, recently married and dying to head over to England.  We just bought our first house and before we have kids we are taking that trip.

My new husband and I are planning on visiting in May next year, right now we are researching places to go for our visit.  So far the plan is a few days in London, a few in Manchester and then spots throughout in between.  So far I would like to do Cotswolds, Stonehenge and Liverpool, & possibly the "English Riviera" as well if possible.  I want to throw in a few Castles, some museums in the cities....I can't wait to get there!  He and I both agree I should have been born in England.

Because I live near Detroit, we get a Canadian Station so I get to watch Coronation Street, which I am now a huge fan of and I LOVE BBC America.  I have actually taken to just following Corrie on ITV.com since what plays in Canada is on a delay. 

I can't wait to learn so much more about the wonderful country on this site!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 01:43 on 24th August 2009
Hi Erin, welcome to POE!! Love your name...it's my daughters name too!
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 02:58 on 24th August 2009
Hi Erin,,,Welcome to POE you will learn alot here before you take that trip lots of good advice and hope you get to go soon.;-))
norajean
norajean
quotePosted at 03:12 on 24th August 2009

Hi, Erin!

Lucky girl!!  and so far, my closest neighbor.  I'm in Illinois (southern, tho...)

Welcome!

SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 08:25 on 24th August 2009
Hello Erin, welcome to POE Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:38 on 24th August 2009
Hi Erin, welcome to POE from Anna and Ron.
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 11:23 on 24th August 2009
hi Erin and welcome.   Its like opening a chocalate box, which to taste first. Late May is my favourite month and every county and city has something to see. i live in the beatiful north West of the country but as I say, so much to see in ever county. first time tourists tend to do London and the south West and miss the other 98%. my advice if you are a first timer is London (4 days) then head in any direction, north, south, east or west, you wont be dissapointed but I dont think you'll get in all that you want. The days in May should be warm, fresh vegetation/flowers etc and long daylight hours (4am - 10pm) (6 hours of darkness). Check the site pics for more info. Good luck!
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:21 on 24th August 2009

Welcome to POE, Erin.

I didn't see Oxford mentioned in your list of places to visit. It's a really beautiful city with tons of history.

Looking forward to getting to know you here. 

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 15:27 on 24th August 2009

Hi Erin, and welcome to POE!  I too love this site.  I made my first trip to England in May 2004 and the weather was gorgeous, with only one day of rain.  Flowers were in bloom everywhere, particularly the rhododendrons.  I have been twice now (again in September 2007) and both times spent 3 days in London before heading out to the countryside (mostly Cotswolds).  Your "to do" list is extensive and you would need a month or so to get all that in, I should think.  There are so many wonderful places in England that one could keep going back time after time and visit a new area each time.  Enjoy your first visit in May, and of course we shall look forward to seeing your photos here on POE!

Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 15:38 on 24th August 2009

Hi Erin

Welcome to the forum, enjoy yourself

Karen