Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Ford Village, Northumberland.

Ford

in the county of Northumberland

They shall not grow old...

Cardiff

in the county of Glamorgan

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Misplaced Anglophile

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:24 on 12th October 2009

Hi Evey!  Yes, wonderful pics and great avatar.  My current avatar was from a picture taken at Tower of London, 2 years ago next month.  They are most definitely Pictures of England.

My avatar picture was taken in this photo, which I actually cropped myself out of before I posted it here.  Can you tell?

Side of Tower of London Complex
Picture by Ruth Gregory

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 03:34 on 12th October 2009
Hi Evey, and a welcome from me too and look forwards to seeing your photos. Thans for your comment on my Gold Hill photo; glad you liked the roses on the left which were the starting point for the photo.
Evey Pinkham
Evey Pinkham
quotePosted at 04:24 on 12th October 2009

Hey Ruth!  No, i wouldn't have thought you were cropped out, but i definitely recognize the locale.  Even posted several from the Tower on the site.  And i notice that we seem to comment on the same photos!  Cracks me up when i see your name on all the ones i like.  I definitely think we are cosmically connected!  Along with Stephanie ...

Hi Stephanie!  Can i hire you to do my PR?  Thank you for thinking highly enough of me to recommend others to view my little tourist photos.  Got a bunch more waiting for approval, by the way.

Paul:  What a lovely English lad you are!  LOL.  And you are welcome.  You employed a devise that i use all the time - framing the main subject with some kind of flora to give perspective.  I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 04:52 on 12th October 2009

Cracks me up when i see your name on all the ones i like.  I definitely think we are cosmically connected!

You know what they say about great minds, Evey.  Smile

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 07:03 on 12th October 2009

Thanks Evey - it's a pleasure. Will have a look through your latest photos. I have only been to London a couple of times - I am a bit frightened of cities & crowds - so it is always nice to see photos of the famous sites there.

You asked about the strange shot in Muddiford - it was a marvellous sculpture garden there. I am not a big fan of modern sculpture usually but these ones were really amazing within a beautiful woodland setting.

Nice avatar by the way - took me ages to work out how to put one on! Love yours too Ruth - perfect for autumn!

Edited by: Stephanie Jackson at:12th October 2009 07:05
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 17:46 on 12th October 2009
I am more misplaced and welcome Evey!!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:41 on 12th October 2009
Evey, you're gonna get on just fine here, I can tell... and by the way great avatar!
Evey Pinkham
Evey Pinkham
quotePosted at 21:16 on 12th October 2009

Thanks, Ron!  What makes you say that?  LOL.  I can tell you that i have already logged at least 100 hours looking at all the photos and i cannot tell you how much i feel at home.  And that's only the tip of the iceberg....  I can only say that this site is feeding my soul and helping to fill the void in my heart.

The avatar ... nothing special ... just me.  But again, thanks. 

My only problem now is that i have run out of photos worthy enough to post!  Guess i'll just have to make another trip ............ 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:23 on 12th October 2009
When you next make that trip Evey, perhaps you will do the C S Lewis Tour with me here in Oxford? I suppose you do know who C S Lewis was do you? See www.cslewistours.com By the way, I reckon 100 hours represents a square bum!!! Join the real world Evey, we all love it too...
Evey Pinkham
Evey Pinkham
quotePosted at 22:13 on 12th October 2009

I would be happy to consider it.  Haven't been to Oxford in forever.  

As for joining the real world ....  this is safer.