'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Old cottage in Mayfield

Mayfield

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What about a little weeding?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 16:24 on 21st January 2010
I have watched with interest the discussions which have mentioned the cost of webspace for storing all our images and it has occured to me that now POE has been running for such a long time (since 2003 I think) that perhaps a little image weeding might help to keep costs down a bit.  I doubt that regular contributors would be too upset if, where there are many similar images of the same place, a few were removed. Can't wait to hear your comments but please don't shout to loud I'm a sensitive soul.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:30 on 21st January 2010
Not a bad idea, Sally. Perhaps the contributors could be asked to weed out their own duplicates etc., so that no one's feelings are hurt?
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 16:32 on 21st January 2010
Oh Dear I intended to put this thread under Site suggstions - I'm just not good at contributing to forums - Sorry.Embarassed
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:57 on 21st January 2010
NOT a good idea members! If you knew of all the work that goes into it you wouldn't even consider it, so don't PLEASE!
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 17:00 on 21st January 2010
That's a nice suggestion Diana, however I have already done a little spot checking on contributions in the early years and find that many early contributors do not appear to be regular contributors nowadays.
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 17:02 on 21st January 2010

Oh well, it goes to show how much I know. ;-) lol.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:10 on 21st January 2010
Just in case you didn't read the above post Sally, please DO NOT delete your pictures. The work that goes into getting them live on the site is huge, so please just forget you even had this 'bright idea'. Would like to say however, thanks for thinking of POE.
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 17:15 on 21st January 2010
Sorry Ron, I take your point perhaps you should delete the thread so that members dont start weeding.
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 17:40 on 21st January 2010

Hi Sally, thanks for thinking of ways to help the site, its greatly appreciated. We have considered what you suggest before, but decided that we would only start deleting images if it was absolutely necessary - basically it would be a last resort, as the photos that already exist on the site have passed the approval process which is where the initial weeding out is done.

Thank you again for your support, but we kindly ask members not to delete their images.

Please login to post to this thread...