Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Medieval buttercross

Hallaton

in the county of Leicestershire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello from Charlotte NC USA, about me and a question for you

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

tere
tere
quotePosted at 15:04 on 31st January 2010
I live in Charlotte NC and am looking outside and seeing 5 inches of snow which l am very happy to see although there is a layer of ice on top of it. l am a homemaker and care giver. My husband is disabled with Lyme Disease and my 86 yr old mother lives with us also. l have a 20 yr old son who is in college. l was searching google for a photo of a scene from Pride and Prejudice of the family sitting under and on a huge old tree with low hanging limbs. To me that was the most amazing looking tree l had ever seen. As am artist, l love beautiful landscapes and England has always been one of the most beautiful and picturesque countries with which we have been blessed. If anyone knows where l can find more photos of this scene and the location in England l would love to hear from you. One day l hope to be able to visit my favorite country in person but for now, being a part of this group will be quite satisfying after viewing so many gorgeous photos posted by you members. I would love to paint some of these scenes but I will have to find out if it is legal or acceptable to do this. Thank you and God bless you all. Tere
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Gonul
Gonul
quotePosted at 15:40 on 31st January 2010
Hi Teri...and welcome to POE Smile
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:51 on 31st January 2010

Welcome to POE, Teri.

Which P&P version was this scene from? Was it the wonderful Colin Firth version?

I am a big P&P fan, the book and the afore mentioned (BBC/A&E version), and will try and help you once track down that scene if I can.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:12 on 31st January 2010

Hello Teri, and welcome to POE! I am afraid I can't help you with the answer to your question but I know that many others here will.

I live in Salem, MA, and have driven through NC several times. You have great country there, and Charlotte is particularly lovely.

Rita Iton
Rita Iton
quotePosted at 16:32 on 31st January 2010
Hi Teri. A warm welcome to you.
tere
tere
quotePosted at 19:07 on 31st January 2010

Thank you for your warm welcomes. Sue, l was speaking of the most recent P&P with Keira Knightley. If you have not seen it, it is definitely worth seeing especially for the beautiful scenery. Does anyone else remember the old tree scene outdoors with most of the family lounging around? l hope someone that has seen it can give me more info on it. l did a search on google for it but could not locate it. l guess l should start another thread about it elsewhere since this is the welcome thread.

Hi Diana, yes Charlotte is pretty green and can be quite pretty in most areas.

God bless you all. Tere
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:40 on 31st January 2010
Hi Tere, welcome to POE from Anna and Ron. I bet somebody here will come up with the answer you want.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 01:06 on 1st February 2010

Hello, Tere, and welcome.  I watched the news about the weather there - very unusual.  I'm sorry I too cannot help you with your inquiry, but eventually I'm sure you'll find the answer.  I hope you enjoy it here.

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 07:00 on 1st February 2010

Hello Tere and welcome to POE. I have found this page link which might help your enquiry.

http://www.derbyshireuk.net/pride_prejudice.html

Hope this helps!

SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 10:25 on 1st February 2010
Hi Tere, a warm welcome to POE Smile