Portland

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

Iron Bridge from the River

Ironbridge

in the county of Shropshire

The Beach

East Runton

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

My first post....

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Charlotte Brind
Charlotte Brind
quotePosted at 21:56 on 25th January 2011
Thankyou so much to everyone who has posted, it has all helped! and thankyou for the good luck on my coursework, hopefully it goes well :S, and also thankyou for the warm welcome Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:24 on 26th January 2011
Bumped to keep it up here for a couple more days. Thanks for all your input POE'rs.....really appreciated!
Gonul
Gonul
quotePosted at 09:22 on 26th January 2011

Hi Charlotte and welcome !

Sorry..I am a bit late .

I had been nearly a month in England for a vacation in year 2008.I really  loved your country and English people.Then I  wanted to know more things about England.While i was searching more information  and more pictures about England in internet i found this site.

This site really has all things that I wonder and want to know.I like to see wonderful pictures and to put comment and to read other comments.There is a lovely forum also .

On the other very important thing is that I met many nice people from all over the world.

POE is wonderful site.It's very easy to use and very simple and descriptive also.

I hope that I'll help for your studies,Charlotte Smile

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 12:01 on 26th January 2011
On 25th January 2011 16:06, Ron Brind wrote:

Thanks to Dennis, Mike, James and Beth for your input also. I'm beginning to blush with all the nice things being said!

Aww, Ron. I can just imagine those little chipmunk cheeks all rosy and aglow! :-)
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 17:35 on 26th January 2011

Hello Charlotte!  Welcome to POE! 

I am an American Anglophile who has had the privilege of visiting England two times and have nothing but fond memories of my trips.  I feel as if I had come home (after all, my ancestors were from England, Scotland & Ireland).

I forget now what precisely prompted me to visit this website initially (I joined a few months after returning from my second visit to England), but once here I knew I would stay.  I have posted some of my humble photos, amateur that I am, but am blown away by the quality of the other contributors' photos.  I come here because it allows me to visit so many places in Britain that I may never have time to do in my lifetime.  It's a great escape, and I treasure the wonderful friends I have made here.  It's such a pleasure to chat with people of a like mind (love of England) from around the world.  And it is a pleasure meeting you, our Charlotte.  Best of luck with your studies!

(Might we look forward to your posting photos here of your own?)

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:04 on 26th January 2011
Thanks Gonul and Barbara. Anna and I really appreciate your input for Charlotte. As for Diana's comment, well I hope James doesn't spot it, but thanks Diana! lol
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:23 on 26th January 2011
i see it lurkyLaughing
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 16:42 on 27th January 2011
BUMP! lolWink
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:18 on 27th January 2011
Thanks Mike.
Bruce Kennedy
Bruce Kennedy
quotePosted at 05:50 on 13th February 2011

Hi, Charlotte, I was simply looking for a website where I could meet and talk to English people.  As for finding this particular site, I googled England. But I must say, I love this site.