Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Brewery in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire

Tadcaster

in the county of North Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Feeling as though I should have been born in England...

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Kristen Burnett
Kristen Burnett
quotePosted at 17:33 on 21st July 2011

Hi everybody!, 

My name's Kristen and I just wanted to share my quick story and introduce myself. I'm 20, and I live in Alabama in the US, but have always felt rather displaced. It wasn't always obvious exactly WHERE I was supposed to be, but I just didn't feel like quite the "hillbilly" :) a lot of others around here seem to be.I am truly an old soul and think way beyond my age in years.

Since I was REALLY young, I've had a fascination with England. I'll admit it started with London, but the pictures fascinated me as a young girl, and you could show me pictures of other fascinating countries and cities with tons going on and they just didn't hold my attention. The older I get, the more my love for the country continues to grow. I have learned so much just by my interest alone, and now know the UK map better than the US ( shame on me!). I feel as though I should have literally been born and England and grown up there opposed to where I am now.

I actually haven't been at all. For me, it seems like such a long road to getting there. I have many friends here who have had the means to do "European Studies" in the Western parts with their Universities and others who have just lucked out and end up going " across the pond" just because. And for me, it seems like it's just taking forever, when it's something I want the most.

So, to shorten this thing, so you won't all be here for ages, I love the country in a way I've never really loved anything or anywhere else before. Every piece of it is beautiful and looking at pictures makes me feel like I'm looking at "home".It's a strange feeling and a sort of kinship (hope that's the right word) with it that no one else around me seems to understand. I'm so thrilled to talk with others who share the same love and passion as I do, and thank you for taking your time to read this and welcome me. 

Love from Alabama!  

Edited by: Kristen Burnett at:21st July 2011 17:45
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 20:45 on 21st July 2011
Hi Kristen, a very warm welcome to POE (Pictures of England) site.  You will find a lot goes on here in the forum so do join in when you feel like it, as well as the most gorgeous pictures of England to look at.  There are also Histories, information on Historic Places and Places of Natural Beauty, so I do hope you will enjoy looking around!
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:15 on 21st July 2011
  Hello Kristen and welcome to POE, as Cathyml has said this is a very friendly place with a great deal to see and do with the forums here, the wealth of information on the site and from other members and of course masses of great pictures to see the land you love so much- you will not no where to go first! Enjoy yourself.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:18 on 21st July 2011
Hi Kirsten and welcome to our family. You''ll find us a happy bunch when you start to get involved. Fun forums, informative forums and as Cathy and Vince have already said some of the best pictures of this wonderful country that you will find anywhere on the net, Join in the fun...
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:20 on 21st July 2011
welcome kristen as cathy and vince have said it is a great friendly site so get posting and join in the forums.Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:43 on 22nd July 2011
Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Kristen. Sounds like you are going to fit in very nicely with our really decent bunch of 'family' members.
tedb
tedb
quotePosted at 13:00 on 22nd July 2011

Welcome to the site.  I am a recent joiner and have greatly enjoyed its facilities, as I am sure you will do, too.

This is a very small country with a great diversity of scenery and I am sure you will find something new, every day, to excite your passion.

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 19:19 on 25th July 2011
Welcome, Kristen, from a fellow native Alabamian!  Reading your initial post, I feel as if I'm reading something that I myself wrote because it so closely mirrors my own feelings about England.  We must be cut from the same cloth, although I am a wee bit older than 20, LOL!  Just a wee bit.  I have been fortunate to have traveled to England twice in recent years, my first and only trips so far out of the USA.  I know exactly how you feel about it and I sincerely hope you will be able to visit there yourself someday soon.  Welcome to the PoE family!
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:23 on 26th July 2011
Hi Kristen and welcome.
Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
quotePosted at 04:11 on 26th July 2011
Hello, Kristen and welcome to POE from PA, USA. Like Barbara said, I have had the same feelings as you and she towards England since I was very young as well. I won't repeat my journey to England story here, but in the forums there's a thread to write about your experience and you can find mine there if you're interested in reading it. I'm a good bit older than you and it took me a long, long time to make the trip, but it was well worth the wait. England was everything I thought it would be and more. I hope to go back next year. The people here on POE will make you very welcome and the pictures are wonderful to look at. I hope you enjoy the site and will join in on the forums.