'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Minterne House and Gardens

Minterne Magna

in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Where are the best areas to visit outside of London?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Brenda Kokenos
Brenda Kokenos
quotePosted at 16:50 on 28th February 2012
Hello, my name is Brenda Whitcomb and I will be visiting England for five days in mid-April with my husband and daughter. My daughter will be attending art school in the London area this fall so we're making a trip to get acquainted with England. I wanted to spend some time outside of the London area to see some of the beautiful English cottages, gardens, seashore, etc. since I am an avid photographer and so I can also contribute some images to this site. I'm looking for suggestions from anyone.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:28 on 28th February 2012

Hi Brenda and welcome to POE from Anna and Ron.

Naturally, I say Oxford is a great place to visit, the former home of C S Lewis and many other Literary Authors, but hey you will soon be bombarded with ideas, suggestions from the POE members because they think there is a better place here in England! LOL

What do you reckon members?

Brenda Kokenos
Brenda Kokenos
quotePosted at 19:45 on 28th February 2012
Hello Anna & Ron. Thank you for responding to my post. I've been looking extensively at the different areas that are listed on this website and one place, The Seven Sisters & surrounding area looks very nice. What do you think?
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:58 on 28th February 2012
you wont have time to visit the beautiful north will you brenda--you dont know what you are missing.Smilei dont think 5 days will be enough to take a lot of things in you need at least 3--4 weeks i would say.
Brenda Kokenos
Brenda Kokenos
quotePosted at 20:04 on 28th February 2012
Hello James. Oh, well, I don't know if we do have time to visit the north on this visit, and it does look very, very nice. Escpecially the Cumbria area. Is train travel to the north a long distance from London?
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:10 on 28th February 2012
Hi Brenda and welcome to POE. You have already mentioned my place of preference, Cumbria and the Lake District but if you are only over 5 or 6 days it is along way to go. But there are many nice places within striking distance of London and I'm sure you will get some helpful suggestons. In the meantime why not join us in the forums, you should find them enjoyable once you get used to us and our jovial little ways. See you around.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 23:30 on 28th February 2012

If you're only over for a few days then I would suggest somewhere close, like The Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon (Shakespear land). 

Oxford is a great city too.  

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 10:50 on 29th February 2012
Hello Brenda and welcome to POE.  If you only have such a short time I would suggest Kent and Sussex, both have beautiful villages, country cottages and gardens, (Kent is called the garden of England!) and both have lovely sea side scenery too.  They also include many places of Historical interest and they are practically on the doorstep of London!
jc
jc
quotePosted at 13:11 on 29th February 2012

Good Morning! Planning to visit England in the next Five years where would it be kindly to stay in the country! Lovely to walk around to see the trees and grass blossom! Enjoy the day!

Julia

Edited by: Julie Chostner at:29th February 2012 13:12
Brenda Kokenos
Brenda Kokenos
quotePosted at 17:05 on 29th February 2012
Thanks to everyone who graciously offered suggestions. I appreciate it very much.