Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Kew Gardens Museum, Greater London

Kew

in the county of Greater London

Bodmin Moor overlooking Plymouth

Bodmin

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

A new member from Brisbane, Australia

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
quotePosted at 06:36 on 29th June 2012

Hello ,my name is Ken.My wife and I  went on a Cosmos coach tour "British Isles in Depth" in 2010.We rented a car in 2012 and drove around England for 10 days to see places we hadn't seen on the coach tour. After returning the car to the rental depot, we stayed in London for five days.

One of my hobbies is sharing my photos on webshots.com.Recently,I found the Pictures of Engand website and signed up.I share my favourite photos of the UK here.I don't have a large expensive camera with an expensive telephoto lens but I have some good quality photos.

The UK is blessed with beautiful trees, shrubs,flowers,architecture,villages,seascapes,landscapes, towns and cities.I enjoy looking at the thousands of photographs on the POE website.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 08:03 on 29th June 2012
Hi Ken and welcome to POE. You will find a happy crowd here and if you get the time join in some of the forums. We cater for anything, serious or jovial. You've already put up some nice images look forward to seeing more
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:08 on 29th June 2012
Hi Ken and wife (name maybe?) and welcome to POE from Anna and Ron. As Dave points out, a great bunch of people on a family friendly site with plenty going for it, so do join in when you can.
Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
quotePosted at 14:28 on 29th June 2012
Thanks Dave ,Ron and Anna.My wife's name is Wendy.She took some of the photos I submitted to POE..She uses a Canon camera and I use a Panasonic Lumix with a Leica lens.

Edited by: Ken Marshall at:30th June 2012 13:05
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:52 on 29th June 2012

Hi to Wendy from Anna and Ron.

Nice photo's Wendy says Anna - reckoning on the girls taking much better pictures than the fella's. Now thats up for discussion I know? lol

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 15:47 on 29th June 2012

welcome to the site ken -hope you will like it.

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:11 on 29th June 2012
   G'Day Ken and Wendy and welcome to POE ( a good place to be) have already enjoyed some of your photos and they are looking good. Keep them coming. Please feel free to join in the forums and as Dave said could be serious stuff or light hearted and fun ( I do realise in real terms there will be a time of day difference). Good choices camera wise - I use Canon dslr and Panasonic bridge. Again welcome and have a bonza time.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 13:56 on 30th June 2012
i think your last post has gone amiss ken
Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
quotePosted at 11:18 on 1st July 2012

Sometimes my wife takes a better photo than I take and vice versa so I'm glad we both take cameras on our vacations.I didn't take a camera with me on our 2010 coach tour of the British Isles.With two people taking photos we can pick the best shots.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:07 on 1st July 2012
On 30th June 2012 13:56, james prescott wrote:
i think your last post has gone amiss ken
Ken edited it James that's why it didn't appear at the bottom, but you can check it by have a 'butchers' back mate at the 4th post!