Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Peace Gardens

Sheffield

in the county of South Yorkshire

Half-timbered shops in Leominster, Herefordshire

Leominster

in the county of Herefordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Morning from Texas!!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Derly Garza
Derly Garza
quotePosted at 14:42 on 5th July 2012
Hello everyone my name is Dee and I live in Houston, Texas. I have never had the pleasure of visiting England but it's on my bucket list. My friend and I are planning to visit London in the near future and hopefully it will be next year. I am very happy to join this website where it has lots of information for my friend and I that we can use when we finally travel. Smile 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 17:09 on 5th July 2012
A very warm welcome to the POE site Dee, and as you have already found you will find masses of information, lovely photographs and friendly members here.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:50 on 5th July 2012
Hi Dee and welcome to POE from Anna and Ron. Lots to read and pictures to peruse, and you'll get your accommodation cheaper if you book online through this site.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 17:57 on 5th July 2012

welcome to the site dee --hope you enjoy it--what i would like to know is why do you want to see london when you come over?

there are plenty of nicer places without going to london-----cornwall,isle of wight,stratford,devon,yorkshire,lancashire,just to name a few.--where it is a dam site cheaper than london.Smileoh i almost forgot cumbria and scotland,wales.

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:19 on 5th July 2012
  Welcome to POE Dee and this is the place to see all the wonderful sights of Britain-- so much to see. I must agree with James I live about 26 miles from London and the last time I went there was in 1996 !!! and that was only as I had to attend a special meeting for work. Do join in here in the forums and get to know the characters here at the same time pick up all sorts of info for the trip you are planning.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:51 on 5th July 2012
Hiya Dee and welcome to our little party. Couldn't agree more with the guys above, London maybe a big tourist spot but is very expensive. So much other lovely countryside to see. Don't hesitate to ask for help in the forums and feel free to join in you will be very welcome.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:05 on 6th July 2012

Hi Dee and welcome.  My sibs all live in the Houston area - Sugar Land to be exact.

I've been lucky enough to visit the British Isles twice in the last 5 years and there's no better place for a vacation, IMHO.  And I agree with what the gentlemen above said - you'll have the best time by getting off the beaten tourist path and visiting other towns and villages.  I also found that planning the trip was almost as much fun as being there, so keep checking this website to get ideas.

Please login to post to this thread...