'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Helen's Church, Tarporley

Tarporley

in the county of Cheshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

DebbieA
DebbieA
quotePosted at 14:09 on 11th July 2012

Hi Dave

I am expecting to get my hands on a camera before the weekend. My neighbour's daughter is going to sell me hers for £15. It's a Samsung and it's silver.  I've had a look at it and it seems pretty idiot proof.  We are popping up to Norfolk at the weekend so I may be able to photograph something.

I will certainly welcome all the advice and suggestions I can get, so if I upload a photo I will put something in the description as you advise. Thank you for the encouragement Dave. Laughing

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:17 on 11th July 2012

Ah! Silver ones are always the best Debbie! lol

Joking apart, well done for taking the first step. I am now looking forward to seeing whatever you choose to capture.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:25 on 11th July 2012

Hi Debbie, you sound like a lovely lass with a great sense of humour!  Welcome aboard the POE ship (it doesn't leave harbour so it can't sink, even with the Grousers aboard, lol).

Not sure why Ron decided to add me to the list (I'll get you for the gummy bear comment though, Ron - chubby cheeks!!)Foot in mouth 

I do all my photography with a point & shoot, start off just doing that - pointing and shooting - the art is in what you add/leave out in your view finder!  And like the guys said - let it be FUN!! (Unfortunately I can't add photos to the pool coz it's too far to walk to get them, hahaha!)

Look forward to seeing you chatting in the forums too!  Meanwhile really enjoy the photos, information, maps and forums! 

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:16 on 11th July 2012
On 11th July 2012 16:17, Ron Brind wrote:

Joking apart, well done for taking the first step. I am now looking forward to seeing whatever you choose to capture.

My cameras may be black but the old head covering is silver, for what it's worthWink
Good move Debbie look forward to seeing what you produce and as said help and advice is only a question away, don't be afraid to ask we all had to learn somewhere. And the advise you will get is sure to freindly and helpful unlike some of the photogrphy site around, most of whose memebers are more interested in their equipment that how to use it. Get out there and have fun. At least with digital you do not waste money by taking loads of pics.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:45 on 11th July 2012

CathyML says>>>Not sure why Ron decided to add me to the list (I'll get you for the gummy bear comment though, Ron - chubby cheeks!!)Foot in mouth

Ha, ha...just to wind you up CathyML and look what happened!! 

Chubby cheeks eh, so you remember? lol

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:49 on 11th July 2012
Haven't touched the Grouse yet but looking at my last post and the atrocious spelling I think i maybe ought to. Either that or slow down my tryping fingers.....mis-spell intended thereWink
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:52 on 11th July 2012
I see the price has gone up again Dave. Tried a litre bottle of Russian Vodka from Bogey Pickers place and it's not bad. In fact it's very good, on offer at the moment too
DebbieA
DebbieA
quotePosted at 21:37 on 11th July 2012
On 11th July 2012 16:17, Ron Brind wrote:

Just give me a couple of days Ron, I'll soon be a connoisseur in the camera industry.  

I can imagine it now, people beating down my door for tips on latest camera colour fashion.Laughing 

DebbieA
DebbieA
quotePosted at 21:51 on 11th July 2012
On 11th July 2012 19:25, cathyml wrote:

Hi Debbie, you sound like a lovely lass with a great sense of humour!  Welcome aboard the POE ship (it doesn't leave harbour so it can't sink, even with the Grousers aboard, lol).

Not sure why Ron decided to add me to the list (I'll get you for the gummy bear comment though, Ron - chubby cheeks!!)Foot in mouth 

I do all my photography with a point & shoot, start off just doing that - pointing and shooting - the art is in what you add/leave out in your view finder!  And like the guys said - let it be FUN!! (Unfortunately I can't add photos to the pool coz it's too far to walk to get them, hahaha!)

Look forward to seeing you chatting in the forums too!  Meanwhile really enjoy the photos, information, maps and forums! 

Hello Cathy

Point and shoot.  It sounds a bit dangerous, doesn't it? I'm not exactly the creative type. My relationship with cameras has been a rocky one. Red eyes, fuzzy pics, dark images that's my skills in a nutshell. Which really makes me appreciate the artistic nature of the pics on here.  I can see beauty, I can appreciate it, but I very much doubt my ability to recreate it.

However, I'm always willing to give it go.  

By the way, I love your profile picture.  Lovely horse. I used to horse-ride and think horses are great animals. My favourite horse was a grey Dutch Warmblood. I learnt a lot from him. 

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:21 on 11th July 2012
 HI Debbie, glad to see you are not wasting time sorting out a camera, deep breath and gently squezze the button the camera will do all the techy stuff ( but do squeeze gently- don't stab it down ! ). I did look on the shelves in Sainsbury's today whilst on a detour from the food bit and they were selling a Canon point and shoot at £49 a special at half price and thought that would do nicely for you, but your one step ahead, well done. Look forward to the Norfolk pics ( any special area you are heading for ? ). Glad to see you joined in already.