'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St, Gregory's Church. Kirknewton, Northumberland.

Kirknewton

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

DebbieA
DebbieA
quotePosted at 21:39 on 10th July 2012

Hello there,

My name is Debbie and I am from Hertfordshire.  

How did I get here you may ask?  Well I've been here looking through the site for hours and I've almost forgotten how I landed here....oh yes I remember now.  

I love the countryside.  I live in a town but as far on the edge as I can possible get without falling off.  I can walk from my house and be in the countryside in 5 minutes, so I consider myself very lucky to be able to enjoy the best of both worlds.  

I had some time to spare so was browsing the net for English Countryside...as you do. Smile  And here I am.  And now you are lumbered with me.  Oh boy. Haha.

I cannot take a decent photograph to save  my life.  I don't have a camera, so that probably explains why and the disposables don't come up to scratch, whilst my mobile is way too fiddly.  So I am basking in the glory of all the photographs here.

I am also a big fan of the weather.  All weathers.  Aren't we lucky living in such a varied weathery land. Laughing

I look forward to chatting with you all here and there.  I think I'd better shut up now, this is turning into one mighty big waffle.

On a final note, thank you putting together this beautiful site.  I have loved wandering through the photos and I will continue to enjoy the pleasures here for a very long time I am sure.

Debbie 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:12 on 10th July 2012

Hi Debbie and welcome to POE from Anna and Ron. You will find plenty of the members ready to help with anything that you wish to discuss, so long as the posts remain family friendly! lol

And let me assure you there are one or two 'real' wafflers here, especially after a wee dram or two! What say you James, Dave? Then wait untill you get a dose of Vince, and then there's Shirley who'll talk the back legs off of you!

And then CathyML (Gummy bear) who waters our grapes in SA. We always get the best of their fruit and it does her head in, they keep the rubbish!

You are hereby invited to join the 'Grouse' club Debbie. lol

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:28 on 10th July 2012
  Well one "waffler" here and I must say Welcome to POE. You have already discovered the huge range of pictures here and the wonderful content of them but dig deeper and there is plenty of info attached and within the site. On a lighter side the forum is open house to serious chat and as our as Dave says "lively banter" either way join in and enjoy the site. As for taking photos, bite the bullit and get a small digital camera, you don't need to spend the earth just a basic point and shoot. Then with a bit of practice and a few hints and tips from a couple of picture takers here you could be posting shots of your own !!

Edited by: Vince Hawthorn at:10th July 2012 22:35
DebbieA
DebbieA
quotePosted at 22:33 on 10th July 2012

Hello Ron, and thank you for the welcome.

Well would you look at that.  Been here 5 minutes and I already know where to get the Whisky and the Chenin Blanc. I call that a good result. Wink 

I look forward to joining the Grouse Club, and would ask if it included a good Claret, but fear for sounding reliant on the stronger stuff.

*Sits down with a cup of tea and tries to make a good impression* 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:36 on 10th July 2012

LOL@Debbie!

You can get a really nice Claret from most Supermarkets Debbie. Keep looking until you see one called 'Teachers' lol

DebbieA
DebbieA
quotePosted at 22:37 on 10th July 2012

Hello Vince and thank you.

I would love to be able to take some beautiful photographs and there is nothing more inspiring that what has already been posted here.

I may well bite that bullet and find myself something idiot proof, to see what I can come up with.  And once we've all stopped laughing I would love to pick up some tips. 

DebbieA
DebbieA
quotePosted at 22:45 on 10th July 2012
On 10th July 2012 22:36, Ron Brind wrote:

LOL@Debbie!

You can get a really nice Claret from most Supermarkets Debbie. Keep looking until you see one called 'Teachers' lol

Lol, nice drop of Blossom Hill, Ron...much smoother on the palate.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 07:17 on 11th July 2012
Hi Debbie. Welcome to our little party. You have found what is probably the best site on the net for England and anything English. One or two characters that Ron has already mentioned although you need to watch him! ! ! (I note he has included me in there also!!!!!)We have some fun in the forums and enjoy a bit of banter. Take a look if you can drag yourself away from thr photos. Fun, general interest, serious....anything goes in the forums. And by all means join the Grouse club, althought you can pour a glass of anything you prefer. So enjoy your stay with us and feel free to join in whenever you want. I'm with Vince on the photography, get your self a little point and shoot compact and upload some photos. Plenty of folk here who will be willing to give advice. I have said this before on here but 'point and shoot' or 'highly sophisticated' it is what your eye sees and how you interpret that image that counts. But really all that matter is that you are happy with what you capture. Take the plunge girl, you won't regret it
DebbieA
DebbieA
quotePosted at 07:33 on 11th July 2012

Hi Dave and thank you for the welcome.

I shall have a mooch around the other threads, and dip my toe in to see how it goes. :)

I will also take up your advice regarding the camera. The urge to get something is overwhelming, although the consequences could be quite catastrophic.

Still my photography cannot be as bad as my singing.  Well for your sakes I hope it isn't. lol. 

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 08:01 on 11th July 2012
You will soon find out how good you are when you post a few images and see the comments that come back.I have this before on POE as well, but you don't know how good you are until someone tells you.....If you are at all nervous about uploading make sure you put in your description that you would like help and suggestions for improvement. That way we will know what to say rather than just a breif message. But above all have fun. Photography is nowhere near as expensive in this digital age as it as in the film age. You buy a camera, and a memory card and basically you do not need to go back to the shop again.