Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

In the Botanic Gardens

Ventnor

in the county of Isle of Wight

The beach, Paignton, Devon.

Paignton

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

HELP!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:16 on 29th October 2012

Hi Abigail, you will need some photo editing software to make resizing reasonably easy. I use one called 'FASTSTONE' which I'll check through and try to write a guide for you. You will need to download it to your computer first of course but I will give you link to it later. The maximum size for uploading to POE is 4.99mb for any given image. You can usually find the size of your images by right clicking on the image and then left clicking on PROPERTIES at the bottom of the list. This will give you an indication as to whether you need to reduce or not.

To put an avatar up you need an image of around 200 px square and that can be an image from anywhere on your computer

Might get something done later but got a few things to do but will certainly get you something in the next day or so, so that you get cracking uploading pictures for our pleasure

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:38 on 29th October 2012
 Hi Abigail---at last you have caught up with me.Wink
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:04 on 29th October 2012
Hiya again Abigail, just had a quick look at a review about your camera and i think it should have come with a CD in the package??? This will probably have a basic editing program on it somewhere which which will be specifically tuned to your camera. Worth having a look at that first maybe.....
Syd Harling
Syd Harling
quotePosted at 20:18 on 29th October 2012

Hello Abigail and welcome to POE. If you are using a Mac then you might well need some extra software. Windows 7, of course, has super software built in.

Good luck and we look forward to seeing your pictures.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:59 on 29th October 2012

The software is all built in on a Mac too, and is very easy to use , I suppose its like anything else, learning how to use it can be tricky at first, especially if you are reasonably new to an operating system. Last time I used Windows was with XP many years ago, my friend had a problem last week with her laptop running Windows 7, she asked me to take a look and I was totally lost for about half an hour.

I'm sure Abigail will sort it out - hopefully so we can see her pictures Laughing

Edited by: rustyruth at:30th October 2012 13:50
mrsnickleby
mrsnickleby
quotePosted at 15:30 on 30th October 2012
Thank you SO much everybody for being so helpful! Interesting that I might be able to change the photo sizes on my camera rather than having to do it once I've downloaded the images onto my Mac. I'm such a beginner!
 Please login to post to this thread...
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5