Holmfirth

in the county of West Yorkshire

At the air show

Farnborough

in the county of Hampshire

Blyth Harbour, Northumberland

Blyth

in the county of Northumberland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

New boy from Long Eaton

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

M3Wheels
M3Wheels
quotePosted at 11:40 on 29th October 2012
Hi, my name is Mark.  Just been reading about POE not really being POE but more POUK. I've thousands of pictures of Scotland from Unst, Shetland Isles - Hadrians Wall :)
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:49 on 29th October 2012
Hi Mark and welcome to POE. And yes it does cover the whole of UK. A few nice shots already and good on you for going with the premier membership, every penny will help Chris and Sarah keep the site going. You will find a jolly crowd here as wide spread as Australia, America and South Africa, as well as one chap who crops up now and again from Lancashire. Feel free to join in some of the forums as new input is always welcome and generally enjoy the banter that goes on. Anything goes in the forums so get in there and lets get to know you
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 13:06 on 29th October 2012

Hi Mark,

I'm new too and it took me a couple of days to realize that the whole of the UK is included. Look forward to seeing more of your photos. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:49 on 29th October 2012

Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Mark. As Dave says 'a jolly crowd' here, but watch out for that bloke in Lancashire... lol

Wonder who he could be referring to?

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 18:32 on 29th October 2012

Hi Mark and a very warm welcome to POE from SA!

You guys are as bad as the Lancashire Lad any day of the week! (referring to Mr Ron & Mr Dave of course!) Smile 

I am off to check out your photos now, and hope you will enjoy joining us in the forums! 

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:18 on 29th October 2012
 Hi Mark and welcome to POE. By now you will probably be getting the idea the type of folk here, it takes all sorts as they say but one thing for sure is it is a friendly family POE. The site has bags of information tucked away here, loads of super photos and the forums for anything from the serious to jolly banter as Dave puts it, do join in when you can.
M3Wheels
M3Wheels
quotePosted at 15:50 on 30th October 2012
I'm very impressed with the welcome, thank you.   Normally you get the digital equivalent of a grunt from one of the MODS.  I've studied (lurked) the website for a while now and came to the conclusion it was worth buying into, £15 is a reasonable price. Once I've sorted myself out I'll start posting a lot of pictures.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 16:37 on 30th October 2012

Well I'm pleased that you are pleased Mark. We try to be freindly and by and large have a good time when a few get togetjher in the forums.....join in a bit later this eveing see if it suits you. As to uploading photos, lets be having them. You will find, probably already noticed, that the site is more about general comments as opposed some other sites where members seem to thrive on scathing criticism and cases of 'I'll vote for you if you vote for me' We don't have any of that here just the general pleasure in viewing good photos, of which there are literally thousand, and increasing by the day

If at anytime you do want any critique against any particular images i would suggest that you put this in with whatever narrative you put in.

But in the meantime enjoy the site and join in if you can, you will be more than welcome and no doubt soon work a few of us out! !! ! !

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 17:09 on 30th October 2012

Just an extra note to what Dave said above!  Please write as good a description as you can on your photos, where, when, etc. It is really appreciated by those of us unlikely to ever visit the places and gives us a good sense of the locale!

I am not sure that any of us have been able to "work a few of us out!" but I won't mention any names! Laughing 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:43 on 30th October 2012
Hey, I heard that! lol