Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Marple, Greater Manchester

Marple

in the county of Greater Manchester

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Tori in New Mexico

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Cerridwenn
Cerridwenn
quotePosted at 18:17 on 21st November 2012

Hello all -

I want to express many thanks to the people who started POE, I love looking at people's photos, but especially those taken in Britian.  I am an archaeologist and although I live and work in the US for practical reasons, I always most wanted to do either Celtic or Medieval archaeology in the isles.  My first field school was outside of Haltwhistle, England but I have relatives in Liverpool and had visited and traveled with them before I joined that excavation project.  Celtic culture and music is very important to me and I am one of the founding organizers of our local Highland Games and Celtic Music Festival here in New Mexico, which as you might imagine really surprised a lot of local people when we first tried to start it.

I found this site by looking for photos of places I had visited, just being nostalgic or didn't get many photos of my own as it was long before digital cameras and one had to use film sparingly, but now I can't stop looking at places and wishing I could make another visit!  Very absorbed in pictures of winter snows and Christmas decorations at the moment, especially as New Mexico sees barely any snow.

Lovely to meet you all - Tori (Cerridwenn's Cat online)

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:35 on 21st November 2012

Hi Tori and welcome to POE from Anna and Ron.

The people who started POE some 11/12 years ago now were Chris and Sarah who love the site dearly and spend many, many hours trying to keep it up and running, so it's nice when a new member makes the sort of comment that you have.

Have a real good look around the site and see what else you can 'dig up'. lol

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 20:29 on 21st November 2012
  Hi Tori, and welcome to POE, as you have there are masses of wonderful photographs of Britain to see here and more every day- so you are going to have to keep an eye what is being added all the time. While you looking , drop in to the forums and join in ( anything from silly to serious ) , enjoy POE Tori.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 21:08 on 21st November 2012

Hi Tori, a very warm welcome to the family of POE.  I love that you started the Highland/Celtic activities in New Mexico of all surprising places.  I hope the people participate and enjoy your endeavours.

Lots of super information, maps and photos here on the site, it takes weeks to look through them so you willl have lots to  enjoy.

I do hope you can find the time to join us on the forums occasionally, it's where we get to know each other better! 

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:11 on 21st November 2012
Hiya Tori, welcome to this great little family. Pleased that you are already enjoying what the sirte has to offer. feel free to join us in the forums when you get the chance, you will certainly be very welcome Anything goes, fun or serious.
 Please login to post to this thread...