Mow Cop

in the county of Staffordshire

Marsden Parish Church, West Yorkshire

Marsden

in the county of West Yorkshire

Sheringham

Sheringham

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

April in Oregon

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

April Dauenhauer
April Dauenhauer
quotePosted at 02:45 on 4th March 2013

Hi everyone,

I found POE while looking for pictures of where my ancestors lived.  I enjoy history, genealogy, Shakespeare and  hot chocolate.  Also I love baby panda bears and visit them in zoos whenever I can, and collect picture books of them when I can't.

My husband and I are retired and live in Estacada, Oregon, a town of about 2,500 at the foot of Mt. Hood, on the Clackamas River.

We are expecting our first grandbaby soon, and I have been working the past year on a book of our ancestors, which include people who witnessed the signing of Magna Carta. I hope to make a book that will interest younger members of our family. 

My thanks for all the wonderful photographs of England here. I would like to visit England, and I am beginning to understand that the England I want to see is not so much the great cathedrals and intact castles, though some may be on the list. But I want to take a boat down a rural river, stay at a farm or B&B in small villages, see the downs and the lake country, more than the large cities.

The photography here gives me something to dream on.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 04:57 on 4th March 2013

Great to see you here, April.  I love Oregon and visit my friend in Hillsboro as often as I can. Cannon Beach is my fave beach EVER. 

You can spend hours looking at pictures, and find it so enjoyable. One day you will get to go to England, and be so prepared, having found places that just jump out at you along with the places where your ancestors lived.

Visit the message board often. A crazy bunch to be sure, but we love each other non-the-less.  

April Dauenhauer
April Dauenhauer
quotePosted at 07:07 on 4th March 2013

Thank you Sue.  I'm going to hold onto that thought, and get there some day.

It is a small world - Cannon Beach is my favorite since I was a toddler.

Yes, people here are very helpful. I read the Stubblefield section of the genealogy board - lots of good leads there. The pictures though, they just 'knock me out' they are so beautiful and artistic. So happy to have joined this very large and creative group.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:02 on 4th March 2013
Welcome to the site April i am sure you enjoy it,we are a very friendly bunch of people from various Countries and varios Counties--in fact i       am sure Shirley is from Oregon.Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:28 on 4th March 2013

Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, April.

Enjoy the pictures and the family members in the knowledge that it is a family friendly site. You will become 'hooked' on POE and end up with a square backside for sitting at the PC too long! lol

Emanuele Ghisi
Emanuele Ghisi
quotePosted at 20:47 on 4th March 2013

Welcome to this beautiful website April. I'm new too but in a few days I met a lot of very nice and friendly people here! And then there are a lot of wonderful photos! Enjoy it!

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:50 on 4th March 2013

Welcome to POE April, glad you have already found just some of the superb pictures here of Britain, there are definately many here to tempt you to cross the water and by the time you arrive you will feel at home. In the meantime make yourself at home here and join in when you can. Interesting to hear of your family heritage going back to the time of the Magna Carta, here we have a line going through mediaeval times to the time of the conquest and beyond into Normandy. Keep a watch on the many pics here, you will be spoilt for choice when you plan an itinery over here.  

April Dauenhauer
April Dauenhauer
quotePosted at 23:59 on 4th March 2013

Thank you James, Ron & Anna, Emanuele and Vince!  Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting acquainted and enjoying the photographs.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 12:41 on 5th March 2013
Hi April, I think I must have missed this one yesterday. Welcome to this great little site. It you want anything to do with England then this is the place to be. You will find literally thousand of great photos and if you get the chance join in one or two of the forums with us. We enjoy a chat and a bit of banter and you could create any thread of your own on any subject you like and be sure that someone will join it with you. Enjoy your stay with us....
April Dauenhauer
April Dauenhauer
quotePosted at 23:24 on 5th March 2013

Hi Dave John,

I have been exploring the pictures here, and I see that you are someone who posts many pictures here.  I appreciate all of you who do so, as you let me see England through the eyes of people who live there (or, like Emanuele, visit often).

Thank you for your kind welcome.  I hope to spend some time with the pictures of the site of Magna Carta, and other places associated with our ancestors.This is such a friendly place, it surely makes me want to visit England!