Please login or click here to join.
Forgot Password? Click Here to reset pasword
Goodrich Castle A castle has stood here since the 11th century, but most of what remains was the work of William de Valence, Henry III’s half-brother, in the late 13th century. His castle survived little altered until 1646, when Parliamentarians besieged it during the Civil War. Its Royalist garrison surrendered after a two-month siege. A locally-made cannon called Roaring Meg was used to bombard the garrison into submission. The only surviving mortar from the Civil War, it is now on display in the castle courtyard. This picture appears in the following picture tours: Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION Model: NIKON D810 |