Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A long winding road in Lower Heswall, the area has remained unchanged for around 100 years.

Heswall

in the county of Merseyside

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What is your weather like today

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 50 Next >

Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 15:49 on 30th June 2008

When my husband came home from work last night at 6 pm, the temperature was 106 ˚ F.

High 90’s are forecast today, so cooler 

I just thought it would be fun to keep a daily record of what the weather in our area was doing.

So what's your weather like today?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 15:54 on 30th June 2008
On 30th June 2008 15:49, Sue H wrote:

When my husband came home from work last night at 6 pm, the temperature was 106 ˚ F.

High 90’s are forecast today, so cooler 

I just thought it would be fun to keep a daily record o  f what the weather in our area was doing.

So what's your weather like today?

That is supposed to say 'what the weather in YOUR area was doing'.

POE, I'm still after the option to edit or delete our own posts. PLEASE .

Scott Jones
Scott Jones
Posted at 16:59 on 30th June 2008

The weather here is sunny but fairly cold and windy too.

Not long been in from work and I was on the motorway coming home and there was plenty of black clouds too, so I hope it's not going to rain! 

I agree with what you say about being able to delete and edit our own posts... 

Karen Richardson
Karen Richardson
Posted at 17:54 on 30th June 2008

Sue, I don't know how you can stand the heat there.  Is it a dry heat where you are or do you have to deal with the humididy as well?

We actually have some cooler weather today, it's about 20 degrees, breezy and a chance of rain.  I know the rain is good but it has been raining off and on for days now.  Thank God, at least we haven't had as much rain as they have had south of us in the States with all the flooding.  When I think of what people have to endure there, I can't complain.

I think the weather here is going crazy!

Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 18:03 on 30th June 2008

Yes Karen, we have a dry heat, which makes it somewhat bearable.

I remember well the heat in London, Ontario. The humidity nearly killed me     . I remember it gave me the most awful headaches   .

I was also there when a tornado struck.

Karen Richardson
Karen Richardson
Posted at 18:15 on 30th June 2008

I remember when my husband and I went to the Dominican Republic for a vacation (many years ago) and when I stepped off the plane I thought I had walked into a brick wall. It was so bad I couldn't breathe, I thought the heat and humidity had killed me.  Cry

We have had several tornados so far this year - all part of these weather systems that hasve ravaged the States.  There have been a few right outside London but none of them did any major damage.

Don't get me started on headaches!  Every storm we have the air pressure goes up or down or whatever and I get headaches with every change.   I am starting to ask myself why am I still living here?  But I am sure that no matter where you live you have to deal with something.
Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
Posted at 19:12 on 30th June 2008

Hi everyone

Its been cool in Cumbria, pretty cloudy, but a hint of sun this afternoon.

L
L
Posted at 21:11 on 30th June 2008
It's been great here in Bedfordshire, what i've seen of it! (Been stuck indoors all day working like a trojan)  Bright blue  sky and brilliant sunshine but a little windy, it's got quite warm this afternoon but forecast is for about 26deg tomorrow WOW and then back to rain on wednesday lol
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 02:45 on 1st July 2008
Same-o, same-o here, Sue H.  As I post this it's 6:46 PM and 108°, with more of the same forecast tomorrow.  The humidity is 12%, and there's a fairly fast breeze going on.  Right now there are about 25,000 acres of wildlland fire going on in different areas around the state, which is just a drop in the bucket compared to what's going on in California.
Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 03:45 on 1st July 2008

We're having a storm right now, a dry one of course. We keep hoping for a bit of rain out of it, but it's just not happening. I'm sure tomorrows news will report fires, we can't escape them when there is dry lightening.

They said on the news that there are over 1,000 fires burning in California. Too many to fight, so some are being left to burn away. I guess that's one good thing about tonight's wind, blowing California's smoke out of here for a while.

It only got to 93 today.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 50 Next >