Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Suncream or burns?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 21:07 on 1st June 2009
lol !!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 21:57 on 1st June 2009
On 1st June 2009 16:48, Krissy wrote:

I just said all this in the other thread...

but I have gotten so burnt that I would get blisters and my feet and ankles would swell!!! I use to burn so badly I couldn't move when I laid in bed for it was so painful!!!  and I would never get a tan!!!  Stupid me but that was ages ago!!

Krissy!  I did the exact same thing many years ago when I was young-er and foolish.  I now use the same brand as Diana but SPF 45, year round, rain or shine.  I understand that the harmful rays will cut right through clouds.  I'm resigned to my "Elizabethan" complexion, as my Bruce fondly refers to it.

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 22:07 on 1st June 2009
On 1st June 2009 21:57, Barbara Shoemaker wrote:
On 1st June 2009 16:48, Krissy wrote:

I just said all this in the other thread...

but I have gotten so burnt that I would get blisters and my feet and ankles would swell!!! I use to burn so badly I couldn't move when I laid in bed for it was so painful!!!  and I would never get a tan!!!  Stupid me but that was ages ago!!

Krissy!  I did the exact same thing many years ago when I was young-er and foolish.  I now use the same brand as Diana but SPF 45, year round, rain or shine.  I understand that the harmful rays will cut right through clouds.  I'm resigned to my "Elizabethan" complexion, as my Bruce fondly refers to it.

Elizabeth the first or second??!!Wink
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 22:09 on 1st June 2009
Elizabeth the first
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 22:11 on 1st June 2009
I like the complexion but no her do's!!! LOL!!! Elizabeth I that is!!! LOL!!
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 22:17 on 1st June 2009
Yes, and she could have done with a touch of mascara and some eyebrows!  Not too keen on those ruffly collars either.
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 22:19 on 1st June 2009
they did make her look taller !!!Tongue out
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 22:58 on 1st June 2009
You guys would think I was brought up in a deep dark forest somewhere where the sun doesn't shine!! I am as pale as a ghost. My daughter is too. I can't be in the sun for more than 1/2 hour at a time. My arms break out in a rash and then itch terribly!! Even if the sun is on them while driving the car. And my nose is always the first thing to get burned!!! LOL 
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 03:09 on 2nd June 2009

OOOOO i was really bad as  teenager, my friends and I were the ones using the baby oil,,, and lying out on the roof of our house,,lol yes on asphalt shingels,,,uwuwuwuwuwuw HOT, HOT,  I do love to have a tan  we go to the beach and lake a lot so a few years back i bought a tanning bed and i just get a base before summer and that way i dont burn and i put just a little sunscrean(suncream) on and i am ok I always put it on my face and i dont Tan  my face in the bed either, My doc, says this is better than going out and getting burned as long as i dont over do it .

Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 08:01 on 2nd June 2009
Ambre Solaire has a factor 50 out, so I use that.  I had a skin cancer scare last year, that was enough for me.  I do love the sun though and being out in it, as long as it's not too hot.