Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Sign at piccadilly at nite. London

Piccadilly

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Suncream or burns?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 16:44 on 1st June 2009

I use suncream, and usually pretty high protection.

Anyone not bother?   or use olive oil??Surprised

Who has been burnt in the past?  i know i have, never to the point of hospital though!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 16:48 on 1st June 2009

I just said all this in the other thread...

but I have gotten so burnt that I would get blisters and my feet and ankles would swell!!! I use to burn so badly I couldn't move when I laid in bed for it was so painful!!!  and I would never get a tan!!!  Stupid me but that was ages ago!!

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 16:51 on 1st June 2009
I actually don't bother with suncream. I can't say I'm out in the sun very much, other than running from car to store or car to house. I walk at 5 am, so I don't have to worry about the sun then.
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 17:00 on 1st June 2009
Sun block for me - I'm fair skinned. In the 80s my friends used to laugh at my pale skin - now they are envious that I have few wrinkles!
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 17:10 on 1st June 2009

I've seen some horrible sunburns!! it kind of scares me! i usually put cream on.

You see all the lobsters burning on the beach when you go on holiday!! makes me smile, then you see them later in the bar in agony!!Surprised

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 17:15 on 1st June 2009
I burnt my legs once in Ibiza (my hen week - 1st marriage!). I had shorts on so I had to go round with white and red stripes on my legs all week!
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 20:38 on 1st June 2009

I burn quite easily and I learned a long time ago to protect myself. I use sunblock everyday...even in the winter or when it rains! I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF100 which contains Helioplex. Everytime they come out with a higher SPF I go for it. LOL!

They say it's really pointless to use anything above 45 SPF but I don't believe them. I think in a few years their going to find out they were wrong! Besides, it makes me feel better psychologically.Laughing

I have friends who are a few years younger than me and they look 10 years older simply because they were sun worshipers when they were younger and now their skin looks like leather.
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 20:42 on 1st June 2009
My dad says normal sunblock is not safe especially for kids. I forget why but I have a hard time thinking of using anything else for Erin.  She was badly sunburned at about nine months...in November!!! Her face swelled up so badly and since then I've been paranoid!!!
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 20:45 on 1st June 2009
When i was younger,i thought i was using sunscreen by the pool,turned out it was a accelerator and had first degree burns on my legs !!! i have since learned..
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 21:05 on 1st June 2009
Rhett! SurprisedSealedLaughing