'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A view of the old Gate House at the old deer park between Revesby and Horncastle, Lincolnshire

Revesby

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Crossby/Crosby of Spalding

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Lorin Crosby
Lorin Crosby
quotePosted at 16:25 on 2nd July 2009
America here!!  My ancestors left Spalding in the year of 1635 and at that time it was supposed to have been called Spalding-on-Moor. They came to the U.S. and settled in Billerica, Massachusetts. I would sincerely appreciate any information any members of this beautiful site can possibly bring forth.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:32 on 2nd July 2009

Hi Lorin and welcome to POE! I am in Boston. Do you live in Massachusetts? I am afraid I can't help you with your inquiry but I am sure there are those here who can. Good luck!

Lorin Crosby
Lorin Crosby
quotePosted at 17:30 on 2nd July 2009
No ma'am I live in Alpena, Michigan which is 250 some odd miles north of Detroit. The 45th parallel is  a mere 5 miles south of where I live. I have been to Beantown numerous times over the years as I am an over the road truck driver. I would frequently check the local phone books there in Boston or whenever I would make deliveries in the local outlying burbs and look to see just how many Crosby's were listed.  As it turns out there are quite a few. It seems as though my last name is more common than I thought!! Has the Big Dig Tunnel stopped leaking yet?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:48 on 2nd July 2009
Hi Lorin, welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, but why not introduce yourself in 'User Introductions' and get the POE welcome that you deserve. You'll see they are a great bunch of people.
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 20:25 on 2nd July 2009

Hi lorin and welcome to POE (Pictures of England)!

I know of two Spaldings here in the UK-

Spalding, in the county of Lincolnshire and Holme-On-Spalding Moor, in the East Riding sector of north Yorkshire. both are lovely areas of England. The time your ancestors left England was about the time of the Wars of the Roses, when the House of York and the House of Lancaster were staking a claim for the Englisl throne. If you will post  a little more information we may be able to come up with something for you.

Please login to post to this thread...