Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Spalding

Spalding

in the county of Lincolnshire

The River Bure at Coltishall, the current head of navigation. In the background the Rising Sun Pub.

Coltishall

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Grey versus Red - I say control the grey!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
< Prev 1 2 3 4

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 17:24 on 11th March 2009
sorry this posting is a bit late guys but I only just read it lol. you can still see RED squirrels in the 'wild' in woodland at Formby, north of Liverpool. Hurry though as I've heard they too are on the decline. if we have any members out there who can take some shots before they're all gone, please let us have a look at them.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 18:02 on 11th March 2009
On 11th March 2009 17:24, michael gerrard wrote:
sorry this posting is a bit late guys but I only just read it lol. you can still see RED squirrels in the 'wild' in woodland at Formby, north of Liverpool. Hurry though as I've heard they too are on the decline. if we have any members out there who can take some shots before they're all gone, please let us have a look at them.

Surprised  we don't want to shoot them!!!! Wink
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 18:34 on 11th March 2009
I want to arm the squirrels with rifles and let them take pot shots at the idiots firing at them. Tongue out Wink Laughing
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 18:47 on 11th March 2009

Here you go Diana!!! LOL!!!

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 18:52 on 11th March 2009
ROFLMAO!!!! Krissy, that is so funny!!!!! Laughing
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 18:53 on 11th March 2009
Laughing
Craig Breakey
Craig Breakey
quotePosted at 08:58 on 15th March 2009
If the Grey Sqirrels had gone through Customs in Australlia they would have never got in, I dont agree in culling but if they are not native to this country what can be done, I for one have never seen a Red Squirrel in the wild and would love to. (Sitting on the fence and getting splinters.)Laughing
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 04:34 on 16th March 2009

Oh, Ron, lol!  When I saw the title of this thread I thought it might be about coloring one's hair!!  LOL.

We actually have the same problem over here in AZ in the very limited habitat of the Mt. Graham red squirrel.  Mt. Graham has some of the most state of the art telescopes in astronomy and the MGRS is endangered, so construction and maintenance of the scopes was very contentious.  But now the biggest threat is from gray squirrels moving in and takng over.

I have eaten squirrel BTW, it's yummy! (Sorry, Diana, but I don't have a problem with legal and ethical hunting).

Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Xxxx
quotePosted at 11:53 on 7th May 2009
I say introduce the Mongoose , Goanna AND the Cane Toad.....btw what happened with the Voles? Any more bread spent on social housing for them?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:45 on 20th January 2010

Anna and I were out in the car a couple of days ago, when almost out of nowhere came a squirrel being quickly pursued by a cat (thought the cat had read this thread Lol). Anna naturally shrieks of course, I mean she's a female so what would you expect? However, after a bit of chasing around in the middle of the road the squirrel ended up on a wall, overlooking the dead cat in the middle!

And before you ask Diana, no it wasn't me that run the cat over!

Maybe that's how the Grey Squirrel has managed to survive, well one reason anyhow! You know, squirrel thinks......run around in the middle of a road, he's bigger than me, bound to get hit first!

Please login to post to this thread...
< Prev 1 2 3 4