Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Brixham Hard

Brixham

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

Herstmonceaux Castle. Herstmonceaux. Nr Hailsham. East Sussex

Herstmonceux

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Election 2010....are you fed up yet?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 09:39 on 12th May 2010

A valid point as usual, Peter. My mother once said 'Be careful who you sleep with or you may catch something you dont want'.

I think this could be the end of both Conservative and Liberal parties as future governments after the next election. The Liberals have 'burned their bridges' with the labour party and the Conservatives have now proved (or will) to be weak in government.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 11:25 on 12th May 2010
Heres another 'valid point', how many 'ladies' are in this new 'government set-up'  I can think of only one (May) but there may be a couple hiding. is this demoracy, oh sorry i forgot, there may be a couple in the kitchen making the tea lol.
JauntyJane
JauntyJane
quotePosted at 13:17 on 12th May 2010

Lancashire Love

Whichever party got into power is going to have to make cuts - this country has a huge deficit that needs bringing under control.

Women only shortlists are not particularly democratic either.  If I was trying to become a Member of Parliament I would like to think that I could get there on merit.

I did feel sympathy for Gordon Brown when he made his farewell speech - I really do not think he lost the election (as he believes he did) - Tony Blair was far from perfect himself.  I think people were just ready for a change.  Too long in power, whether it be the Conservatives or the Labour Party, can breed complacency. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:47 on 12th May 2010
On 12th May 2010 13:17, JauntyJane wrote:

Lancashire Love

Whichever party got into power is going to have to make cuts - this country has a huge deficit that needs bringing under control.

Women only shortlists are not particularly democratic either.  If I was trying to become a Member of Parliament I would like to think that I could get there on merit.

I did feel sympathy for Gordon Brown when he made his farewell speech - I really do not think he lost the election (as he believes he did) - Tony Blair was far from perfect himself.  I think people were just ready for a change.  Too long in power, whether it be the Conservatives or the Labour Party, can breed complacency. 

Totally agree JJ....poor Michael. Lol
David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 17:56 on 12th May 2010
I hope addressing the deficit will not result in substantial defunding of NHS. 
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:59 on 12th May 2010
Hi David, nice to see you in the forums. I don't think the NHS will be affected in any way whatsoever. Of course, I hope I am right.
David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 18:04 on 12th May 2010
Thanks, Ron.  I've been "lurking," not wanting to be too much a bother.  But how about reducing the deficit by getting out of Afghanistan?  That would save a lot.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:10 on 12th May 2010
Totally agree David, and then get out of Europe and save £45 million A DAY!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:11 on 12th May 2010
By the way 'lurking' is a POE offence (joking) so make sure you get involved more often David! Lol
David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 18:15 on 12th May 2010
Observing from afar, I was surprised that the Labour party and the Lib-Dems didn't combine.  Why not?  And is Labour going to remain as "New Labour," or is there any move to return to its roots as a real "liberal" party focused on the needs of labor?