Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

WEDDING

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:58 on 1st May 2011

Could that be 'offside' CathyML? lol

It was nice to see, it's what Engand is all about!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 10:12 on 1st May 2011
Good description Ron, lol.  No one does it like the English! Foot in mouth
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 11:17 on 1st May 2011
reading in the press it has cost her old chap a cool £250k Cool
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 11:44 on 1st May 2011

Clarence House released 3 of the formal wedding photos taken by Hugo Burnand. The one with the bridesmaids and the pageboys----lovely shot of the couple but I would have binned it thanks to pageboy Tom Pettifer; but I wouldn't have taken it until he sorted himself out. But, it seems Mr Burnand said this was an informal photo and quite rightly too. For me, it's a photo of a page boy who happens to have the royal couple near him. Having a chandelier hanging in front of the portrait behind them seems a novel idea too, though some seem to crop the chandelier out leaving him still headless. 

Photo of the Duke and Duchess standing on their own----why oh why with all the people there helping couldn't a single one of them---if not the photographer and his 5 assistants---straightened the pleats out on her dress right side?

Sorry if I sound too picky but for me, the occasion demanded better; perhaps the best  are yet to be seen, and I wait in anticipation of the proper photos.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:3rd May 2011 00:19
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:29 on 1st May 2011
Needless to say Paul, the BEST photographers are here on POE and  that photographer has commented in the post above!
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 23:21 on 1st May 2011

For camera fans, the camera Mr Burnand used for the wedding photos was a Hasselblad H4D-50; a 50 meg pixel medium format D-slr; body only you should get change from £20,000 and with the 35-90mm kit lens, you've moved up to near £25,000.

A good choice, but if I'd have gone the lower budget route, I'd have opted for a Nikon D3x as I already have the lenses for it. 

Patrick Van Calck
Patrick Van Calck
quotePosted at 07:24 on 2nd May 2011

Great show!

I have to say, her sister, pipa looked very beautiful too.

Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
quotePosted at 02:22 on 3rd May 2011
Paul, Your comments were very interesting about the wedding photos. You were absolutely right about the wrinkle in the wedding gown. It was there in each photo. But she did look lovely as did her sister. Great show!
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 21:39 on 3rd May 2011
I, for one, was up early enough to watch it live (in my pajamas, no hat).  I think they pulled it off beautifully, with understated style and elegance.  Loved the trees in the Abbey!  And two balcony kisses!  I particularly enjoyed the surprise departure of bride and groom in the snazzy sports car.  Nice touch.  As to the photograph with the bridesmaids and page boys, I also noticed that two of the girls (on the left) had strange expressions on their faces.  (They were probably just so tired at that point).  But the whole thing made me smile and I think perhaps this may well become a family favorite photo in years to come.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:44 on 3rd May 2011
good evening barbara.Smile