Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Six Arches, near the River Wye, Scorton, Lancashire

Scorton

in the county of Lancashire

Bournemouth

Bournemouth

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

WEDDING

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Patrick Van Calck
Patrick Van Calck
quotePosted at 09:14 on 29th April 2011
I guess you're all watching the royal wedding now. Have fun !!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:51 on 29th April 2011
I wonder who will be the first POEster to get a photograph of the wedding approved?
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 12:13 on 29th April 2011

will this do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 15:51 on 29th April 2011
On 29th April 2011 10:51, Ron Brind wrote:
I wonder who will be the first POEster to get a photograph of the wedding approved?

Regretably it won't be any of mine Ron, as I was asked by a news agency to cover aspects of the wedding day, so understandably, they have exclusive rights to the images taken for them. Was a busy week especially this morning.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 17:45 on 29th April 2011

The coverage just wrapped up here about half hour ago (930 AM west coast time).  I only saw the highlights because I'm too old and tired to get up at 3 AM.  lol  But it certainly was lovely.  All the best to the royal couple.  Hopefully they will be able to overcome all the sadness (especially in marriages) that have plagued the royal family.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:20 on 29th April 2011

Pomp and ceremony as only the Brits can do - and pull it off!

I am so glad that (as far as we know so far) there were no reports of unpleasantness along the route or in the crowds.  Now isn't that amazing! Imagine if it had been a foot ball match, lol.

I thought Catherine looked very elegant and happy and I don't think her dress is likely to "date" quite the same as other royal wedding dresses.

If only for a day the British were proud to be British and taking part in something uniquely British and I hope that feeling of belonging remains for a long time.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 19:33 on 29th April 2011

Me too, Cathy.  To all the wet blankets out there, I'd say, "Isn't nice to have something good and pleasant and hopeful to watch on TV for a change?"

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 21:04 on 29th April 2011
It is Ruth; I agree. Was thinking of you all over there having to get up real early to watch it live while I was watching your NBC and ABC film crews doing their filming for you to watch it. Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 01:30 on 30th April 2011

Yep, Paul...out of 24 hours up straight... I finally got in 3 hours of sleep..... and did another 3 in the afternoon. We always try to watch world making events if we can...naturally I have my big screen tv this year to make it... really special. Like so many events of this type didn't have to sleep outside in an line for an day... to have an place to watch the festivities.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 07:44 on 1st May 2011

My daughter & grand daughters were busy trying to decide who they considered to be the "most elegant" guests at the wedding.

My vote went to Carole Middleton - I thought she looked very elegant and her ensemble very well chosen.

They voted for Lady Sophia Windsor (Sophia Winkleman) - and that surprised me that the young ones would have opted for her outfit.  However, I think she did indeed look very elegant.

The others of note we thought were:

Charlene Wittlock, Princess Maxima and Sopia Countess of Wessex.

What are your views on the various gorgeous ladies who attended.

The male vote - went to David Beckham - they didn't realise his OBE was on the wrong side of course, LOL.