Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Back in time

Zennor

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Ghosts/Spooky goings on

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11 Next >

Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 19:01 on 27th February 2008

Has anyone ever had a spooky experience that you cant explain?

I had one at the place I worked.  It was an old Tannery Factory and my friends and I could always sense something.  Anyways I brought my camera in one day and was clicking away, and then it happened.  There was a man, who was crouched down, he had jeans on and a burgandy shirt.  He was looking at me and sneering.  Well I legged it and went to see my friends.  All the colour had left my face, they thought I was ill, untill I told them what had happened.  They told me they had heard things too where I was stood taking pictures.

I still shiver about it now, it's not an episode I want repeating.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 19:07 on 27th February 2008

I meant it's an episode I don't want repeating

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 19:43 on 27th February 2008

I saw the ghost of a long dead great uncle in the living room of the house I grew up in, he was just sitting in the chair minding his own business. It wasn't scary. I didn't know who he was but when I described him to my mum and aunt who were in the kitchen doing dishes, they knew immediately it was him.

There was also a baby crying in the old house we lived in at King's Sutton, it didn't happen all the time, and when it did, it wasn't scary.

I'm guessing there was nothing malicious about my ghosts, I would hate to see one that was though.

SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 21:32 on 27th February 2008

This is an interesting topic Smile

I haven't actually seen a 'ghost' (although I guess you could say I am a believer of the spirit world/afterlife) but anyway, one day as I was going about my daily business in my house (and I was on my own) I did smell my Nans perfume, to the extent I turned around almost expecting to see her standing there.  (Sadly, my Nan had passed away several years before this).  Some family members think it was just a trick of my senses etc, yet I know an uncle of mine says he actually saw my nan standing in his living room.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 13:10 on 28th February 2008

This is a long story, and every word is TRUE. When I was twenty one, my grandfather died in Caerphilly, south Wales. I went to the funeral, and because I lived so far away, my aunt put me up for the night.

I was put in a little box room at the back of the house above the kitchen. As I was tired, I went to sleep very quickly. I dont know what time it was, but it was so dark that I couldnt see a thing. I was woken up by somebody pulling my legs from the bottom of the bed. The hands were cold and I was almost out of the bed. I was slowly sliding down the bed and, because it was a single bed, managed to grab hold of the bedframe and hang on. I dont know how long this lasted for, it seemed like hours. But as the sun came up over the mountain, and shone into the room. The hands let go and my legs dropped down. The room suddenly got warm.I got up and went downstairs.

Later that day I met my father. He asked me what was wrong with me because I looked very pale and looked ill. I told him about the night that I had and showed him my ankles. They were bruised and looked like hand prints. He told me that the house was haunted, but nothing had been seen or heard for years.

So he told me the story. Years before, a man from up the street had been sent to prison. On his release, he went home to his father, who was a lay priest and was turned away. His father disowned him. On release from prison, in those days, they were given half a crown to get them home. So he went down to my aunts house, that was empty at the time, and broke in. He put his half crown in the gas meter, and gassed himself in the kitchen.

Why did he suddenly reappear that night? My father said, His name was Peter Evans. It sounds unbelievable, but every word is true, although cut shorter so that I wont bore you too much.

Is it a coincidence ? My name----Peter Evans.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 13:12 on 28th February 2008

By the way all through the above incindent, I saw nothing at all. It was pitch black and I was scared to death.

Peter

SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 15:32 on 28th February 2008

Wow, that really IS spooky Peter, it sent shivers down my spine when I read that you shared the same name Surprised 

It made very interesting reading, although a sad tale.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 18:36 on 28th February 2008
Hi Sarah. Needless to say, I never entered the house ever again. When visiting, I just looked in and said hello and run up the road. My uncle always said that the house was haunted, but he was a joker, and I didnt believe him. I do now. Both my uncle and aunt are dead now, so I dont have to make excuses for not going in any more. I just woder if the new owners have had any experiences with the unwanted guest.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:01 on 28th February 2008

Wow Karen, you have certainly got the members going with this one! Thankfully, I don't have any spooky 'goings on' to report, but will watch and read with great interest.

As for 'trubrit'....Hi Sue, our son lives in Kings Sutton, Nr Banbury. Yet another coincidence after our discussions during the last week or so.

Sarah...well maybe you were very close to your Nan and something triggered a memory?

Peter... I'm going to make sure my legs are well tucked in under the sheets tonight. By the way, have you got much of a grip in your hands? Scary or what!!! 

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 22:10 on 28th February 2008

Oh I love Kings Sutton. I have some great pictures of the church that I will scan and then submit here (I have three pictures, two of mine and one painting) of the Kings Sutton church above our fire place) it really is a stunning church.

Maybe your son lives in our old house on Wales Street, now that might not be a ghost, but it sure would be spooky. 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11 Next >