Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Tintagel Castle, June 2004

Tintagel

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of Kynance Cove

Kynance Cove

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Ghosts/Spooky goings on

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:43 on 20th March 2008

Roy

That sounds spooky of course, and as I was reading through it I thought it would make a great start to a novel. Maybe you should give it some further thought? On the other hand maybe you were sleepwalking and had ended up standing in front of the fridge! The dim light was perhaps the little 10w bulb that illuminates the fridge!! The footsteps, well that was obviously the milkman... OK I'll shut up but thanks for the story Roy, lets see what others make of it. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:46 on 20th March 2008

Karen

As Bruce might say, didn't you do well? Eight pages of comments regarding the thread Ghosts/Spooky goings on that you started! Perhaps there is something in it.

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 13:20 on 20th March 2008

Water pipes knocking? water tank or taps dripping? an occupant of one of the other beds 'fidgetting' in their dreams? Ivy knocking against the window under a breeze? I believe there is usually a natural explanation for all these things, and the ones that make no sense at all are probably experienced during sleep or a semi-conscious state, making it seem very very real.
I'd love to believe in ghosts, if only for the added comfort of knowing that this life isn't our one and only, which at the moment i believe that it is!

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 13:28 on 20th March 2008

Well I saw with my very own eyes a great uncle who had passed away before I was born. I was able to describe him in detail to my mum and aunt. Now why he came back to sit in the living room I don't know.

In our church we believe that if a person comes back to this earth in spirit it is for a purpose, and that purpose is not evil. Not saying there are not evil spirits that visit, they are around us all the time but they have never been alive and are servants of you know who. No Ron, not Voldermort (can't spell it, cause I don't like the books).

Well there, that's what I believe.

Still, I should imagine it can be very unsettling to experience something that cannot be explained away.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:31 on 20th March 2008

For those of you like 'Peter the Wales' perhaps, who probably hasn't got a clue as to what Sue is referring - Lord Voldemort is a fictional character and primary antagonist in the Harry Potter series, and Sue you nearly got the spelling correct, but whats an 'r' between friends?

Peter won't see this post of course because he's away trying to learn how to pronounce his own name in Welsh, so lets not tell him eh? 

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 17:37 on 20th March 2008
I heard that, bloomin cheek.
L
L
quotePosted at 20:45 on 20th March 2008
Ron....were you a teacher in a past life? History or maybe English spelling  your forte maybe? lol
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:59 on 20th March 2008
Ha, ha Lyn you really wouldn't want me to tell a really funny joke about what I did in my past life, because yes I did have one! You really would bust your thingies!
L
L
quotePosted at 08:22 on 21st March 2008
Come on Ron....bust me thingies lol
Kelly Fresh
Kelly Fresh
quotePosted at 23:47 on 22nd March 2008
Well I`d like to add to this spooky discussion. This is happening in my house right now. It all started about about 3 years ago, I happened to find a diamond gold pendant in open view on my wood floor in my bedroom one day the only problem was I had left it in a plastic bag in my purse 4 years before and lost it. It reappeared. Then my husband claimed he had seen apparition of an elderly woman hunched over in our kitchen. Then one summer day I was babysitting my girlfriend`s 5year old daughter. We walked around to the front of the house and on the front porch was a ball bouncing about 5 feet high! No one else was home and my porch is 85 feet away from the road. Freaky eh? Since then little occurances have happened-hearing door handles turn, footsteps, my cat will stare at the wall. Just this week I hear footsteps on the staircase, my stack of towels were found on the floor of the bathroom not the shelf and when I came back from getting myself a cup of tea back to the living room my framed picture ( of my deceased grandparents) sitting next to me on an end table was turned to it`s back? I`ve named her Gertrude and see`s friendly. Also I don`t know if this has anything to do with it-but my house hit a car. Yes you read right, my house(which we don`t know how old it is) was moved from Edmonton, Alberta to Bon Accord, Alberta and on it`s journey hit a car. The first house to do so in Sturgeon County. I will keep you updated on the latest spooky events.