Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Axe harbour at Seaton, Devon.

Seaton

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

Watergate Bay

Watergate

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

A Message from POE to all Members

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:07 on 23rd December 2012

Chris and Sarah have asked me specifically to post a message to all Members.

As some may have read in other threads, they have had problems with Virgin (their new service provider) for the past week, and have been told that they will not have an internet connection for possibly another week! Service, who needs Virgin under those circumstances?

On top of that their youngest son Oliver has been through the mill during the last 72 hours, with various infections that required several out of hours visits to doctors, before finally being taken to hospital via emergency. He was diagnosed with Flu, viral infection, bacterial Infection, croup, chest infection meaning pneumonia, was unable to speak, with an horrendous sore throat, and was running a temperature of 39.3 that they couldn't get down!

Olivers GP prescribed Oseltamivir (Tamiflu) which no Pharmacy in Oxfordshire held in stock! How disgraceful is that? The John Radcliffe Hopsital (JR2) did later prescribe it, along with antibiotics and a throat spray to allow food and fluids intake.

Thankfully the antibiotics appear to be working, and he is a little better this afternoon, but now the rest of the house is suffering sore throats and chest pains also so we are not sure of how 'festive' the festive season will be.

Anyway, Chris and Sarah have asked that I wish you all Merry Christmas, a Happy and Prosperous New Year and to thank each and every one of you for your ongoing support. They will be back as soon as Virgin complete the installation.

Thank you dear friends, every one of you!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 19:04 on 23rd December 2012
May we all send Prayers for Oliver and the entire family,  
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:09 on 23rd December 2012

Yep, hope everyone recovers fully and quickly and gets some enjoyment from the next few days

I'm sure you will be passing these back to Chis and Sarah

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 19:20 on 23rd December 2012
i also join Richard and  Dave in wishing Oliver a very speedy recovery thank goodness the tabs seem to be working, it is heartbreaking to see your child suffering  I feel so sorry for him, tell Chris and Sarah we all know and agree family must come before anything, Best wishes to you all.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:33 on 23rd December 2012
Thanks Rick, Dave and Peggy. Anna and I will most certainly will pass on your prayers, comments and good wishes when we call them later this evening. 
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:59 on 23rd December 2012
I would also like to pass on my best wishes to the family and to wish this young lad a quick and safe recovery.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:51 on 23rd December 2012

Please convey my best wishes to the whole family, is it not always the way? Troubles always seem to come all at once and not for the first time either I seem to remember, the technical issues are annoying and frustrating but to see a little one in such a poorley state is such a real worry. Like everyone else I wish Oliver and the entire family my best wishes and hope at least a recovery is quick and that all can enjoy  Christmas without too much discomfort. To Chris, Sahra and all the family, Chons Da ha Oll an Gwella.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:36 on 24th December 2012
Thank you James and Vince your words are appreciated, as are those of all who have commented thus far.
Gonul
Gonul
quotePosted at 09:54 on 24th December 2012

Best wishes for Oliver and the whole family from me as well,Ron.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:08 on 24th December 2012
Please add my best wishes to all the family as well Ron. I hope Oliver makes a speedy recovery.