Kynance Cove

in the county of Cornwall

Bembridge Windmill (NT)

Bembridge

in the county of Isle of Wight

Emsworth Harbour

Emsworth

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "39"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:44 on 15th April 2013
Good Morning all --looks like a nice day in prospect--enjoy it while you can.Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 09:47 on 15th April 2013

Hi there James, glad you are having nice weather - it's a gorgeous day here so I popped in quickly while my last load of washing finishes!

Have a great Monday and new week ahead everyone!

MikeT
MikeT
Posted at 14:27 on 15th April 2013

Afternoon Everyone, nice and sunny here too, but a bit breezy, I hope you're all having a nice day

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 14:52 on 15th April 2013
Lovely here to, 18 dgrees outside, I hope this isn't summer peaking to early.
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
Posted at 17:00 on 15th April 2013

What is summer??!! lol,,as i type ,,the snow continues to fly,,we expect another 7 inches by wed. !! lol.

Hope this finds us all Ship shape and Bristol fashion,,,,,,

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 17:46 on 15th April 2013
Sorry to hear you're still snow bound Richard, does your winter normally last so long ?
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 17:58 on 15th April 2013

Hi Rick, so sorry you are still snowed under!

Nope I don't think I can be called ship-shape & in bristol fashion, Laughing 

Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
Posted at 19:52 on 15th April 2013
Hi rustyruth,,,sometimes it lasts untill the end of April,,,once in 1993 on 4 July,,it snowed 6 inches of snow and was near zero,,, !!lol,,,cathyml,,,,start bristol fashioning !!!!!
cathyml
cathyml
Posted at 20:11 on 15th April 2013
Yeah Rick - but I am not a boat!! or a sailor come to that Laughing
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:58 on 15th April 2013

I betcha I remember that year Richard...cause I was in our camper headed for Washington D. C. with my sister and my small son going to pick up his dad so we could go on to Disneyworld....we got out of Nebraska and down on the interstate in Kansas and liked to had one heck of an time holding the truck on the road...two truck driver's noticed it..called me an "Biscuit burner" too!....which I replied..not true you guys!...surprised them..why the bad winds?...and he said that Denver had just had an freak snowstorm...winds coming from it...truckers that could were getting out of the city...before they closed down the freeway. I took one look at the weather and we kept driving to St. Charles, Mo before I bedded down...I could see Tornadoes building up where I was leaving and I knew their so called "alley" back there and was well out of it by the time I stopped for the night. When we got to D. C. we parked our camper in an RV park and took an bus into the Archives so I could research there. Hubby came in on an thunderstorm, but made it safe and we were again united and headed south. He drove us back to Oregon...but going this way gave us an chance to visit all the relatives in one summer...it takes about three weeks to do that if we are going other places like Disneyworld.

I just got visited...by my brother...who had his daughter and his two little girls...she's moving up here..she deceided to leave her hubby...she should of done it before...thanks to his drugs...they both got sent to jail...so now she can't work any place hardly with an criminal record. Single mom. Oh yeah....I keep telling these kids and they don't listen...how this crap destroys your life. Gave her an number to maybe call and get 90 dollars worth of groceries. I'm sure though that her mother will take care of her...she did when my brother and Kathy spilt up many years ago. Our kids are so worse off then even we were when we were young starting out these days...most of it for an lack of decent jobs. She says "I'm Native American"...I said..Yes, you seemed to prove that the hard way around this time. She looked at me...I said many of them have jail time under thier belts at sometime in thier life...nothing special about that one. Make the most of it and bring something positive from the expereince...you got two little kids to raise now. Then I handed her an number to call for an one time no questions asked 90 dollars worth of groceries and another coupon for an extra $10 for spending at least $50 at an nearby store. It is about all I can do on retirement income. Plus helping my own kids....my son just changed jobs again also...lack of enough working hours. Kids can't take an 30 hour job so employers don't have to pay out benefits...with younger adutls they have to have an full pay check to support it all...food, cars, insurance, clothes, utitlites, place to live, gasoline...etc etc. Esp when they knocked down wages to the minium wage to start these jobs out with also...I think they said the basic one person can live adequately is on an starting wage of $16...let alone the needs of an family...Looks like everyone better grow an garden this year.