Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "41"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 22:15 on 16th August 2013

We are as well as can be expected Ruth, thank you. We both suffer several health issues, but we have always thought we are lucky in that there are plenty of others worse off.

And yes 4 years since Mrs Clinton walked through our door! lol

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 22:18 on 16th August 2013

Remember how hot is was in Oxford that day - like 85° F or something like that.  It was a lovely day.  We really enjoyed it.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 22:22 on 16th August 2013

Yes we do remember it Ruth, but it's been getting even hotter since and that doesn't suit me.

We also remember that David paid for our meal at the restaurant, so we owe you one! Perhaps we can return the compliment next time you are here?

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 22:28 on 16th August 2013

January and February are lovely months in Arizona, Ron.  Maybe you should come over here and we'll gladly let you buy us dinner!  I'd love to show you around.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 22:41 on 16th August 2013
Sounds like a brilliant idea Ruth but travel is not our best ability, with us both suffering chronic osteoarthritis among other things. We either can't walk far, or get 'set' in one position if we sit still, can't win!
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 22:46 on 16th August 2013
We can always come down there Ron --think about it mateWink
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 22:46 on 16th August 2013

That's why David and I are hoping to get all that international travel out of our systems now.  The transatlantic flight is a bit grueling on the legs.  But you don't really owe us a dinner, Ron.  You gave us our Oxford tour for free, don't you remember?  It was the least we could do.

BTW, I did get your email about the ebook on Amazon.  Congratulations. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 07:57 on 17th August 2013

Well, my garden officially died as far as I'm conerned today, and I greatly needed it to keep growing because of all the relatives without food these days,.. which now goes on to even me. So I picked my last cucumber and gave it to the kids, most the tomatoes I could that were turning an gave them that, plus some meat and hash browns and other food.... carrot cake and etc to make. I don't see Sarah as the happy little house maker she once was...she's not smiling to much despite resting from all the school work...whcihc is coming back up again.. I can tell it's an matter of money these days now. So maybe Red Elk is correct, when he said to look forward to no electricity, no food,and some such else...which I forget...maybe earth changes.  But he's not MY God...no one is on planet earth..I can tell God's mercy and caring spirit over that of those whom are not. Even with the watering the winds came in with it nightly I couldn't begin to keep up with the watering drying things out...so first to go yellow was the cucmbers....the rest just stopped growing...my red geraaniums...which are hard to kill...all pretty much died. I had an purple water flower that sprang up and bloomed, I have no idea where it went either overnight. I have some kind of scum on my pond water and I seriously wonder, If like this neighbor did the other day to my landscape bushes, after washing her pretty black car... if someone isn't throwing something on it to kill things. Shitty dam people if they are..... God" knows" all as they say. to him you can't lie about anything. You are what you are. But anyway...it's been quitean week so far. I guess I close things up for winter now. It's so dry out there it might as well as be the Sahara desert. Looking at the pictures over there I snot good. It reminds me of when Alex and his girlfriend Kairo came over one Christmas and they asked me what I could make for them...so I took and cangle and I had gold lettering words and placed, happiness, love and something similar on small rocks, kindness or family maybe...around an candle and on top of some greenery...and wrapped the candle in raffia ribbon and everyone seem so happy.I was later told that it wasn't Brenda whom stole my son's ATV, but Alex...and I don't see where he was any where around at the time, and Brenda was having an going away party that night supposedly. But I think of her with the city of Cairo and how I thought it needed some Goodwill to it. So many people dying...how can anyone be happy with all the death surrounding them. To the middle east...we all get annilated before Christ comes around to pick up what's left.... as someone said to me one time. I wondered if that mean the thought of Jesus as an "carpet bagger" type maybe. I know if he were here, he'd restore my garden. I go for tonight. Have an good weekend everyone.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:49 on 17th August 2013

Hi to all POEsters...

A new day begins, lets hope things get better.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:31 on 17th August 2013
Good Morning to all ---a rather busy night on here last nightSmile have a nice day--keep off the pizzas Dave-not good for you.Smile