Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Cottage Garden, Ashwell, Hertfordshire

Ashwell

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "60"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:35 on 1st February 2015
They are James, I'd read some good reviews about The Crown before we went so I thought we'd be OK, it was much better than expected which is nice to know for the future.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:06 on 1st February 2015

Glory be.... we finally woke up to some light rain this morning...hubby out there in it sprinkling our house roof with "tide" detergent..he says the clorine in it retards moss from growing in the Spring. I'm getting ready for the Superbowl footbal game, I've already made some terakyi pork riblets, some fried chicken and have the basiland mushroom pizza to bake. Also have fresh veggies, potato salad, and an strawberry cream cake. Plus the chips and jalopeno cheese ball/turkey sasuage and chips downstairs with the beer to munch on. As soon as I get this all done and in the oven to keep warm on on the counter...I can go read my book thsi afternoon or walk.  I use to have an lot of fun, an real party with this game and no more...but I use to gather every pillow in the house and throw iton the floor and cover them up with large puffy comforters where you could watch the game and hang your feet over any pillow you wanted, and your head on another one and "munch". The I gave yo-yo's to the losers and an football nineteno game to the winner..by lottery...and dinner/desert for everyone else. I guess things have changed over the years.  At any rate, break time over, better get back out there and attend to the food...talk later on. I'ts very very hard to get decent meat these days for an really decent Roast Beef dinner like I use to remember as an kid...and it costs an leg an arm as they say to be able buy one of them also...most our meat these days is fat free thin sliced quick cooked kind of like skinny steak meat. Hum.  

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:57 on 2nd February 2015
Good Morning to all --enjoy your daySmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:02 on 2nd February 2015
Good afternoon everyone, not a bad one here Smile
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 18:01 on 2nd February 2015

At last we have had our first snow storm while out for a walk this afternoon. we  met one other person, so we are not the only mad people,

hope that you all are well 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:33 on 2nd February 2015

Good evening Pat. I'm glad you've had a bit of snow at last, didn't want you to miss out Smile

It's bitterly cold here, been out for a short walk but not too far today. We saw no one else today. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:47 on 2nd February 2015
Good Evening to all ---you cant beat a good yompSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:31 on 2nd February 2015
Evening James, I agree, I always think it's better for you than all this jogging etc Smile

editPosted at 21:32 on 2nd February 2015

Good morning...We finally get some rain...I watched the football game for the last 4 1/2 mins..of which about one minute or so was putting away the food I'd made to munch on all day long yesterday for hubby..but then he'd made an warming fire in the woodstove, was drinking an ale and playing cards on the omputer as he watched the screen nearly next to him...for the football game. I was reading my book "Mists of Avalon" yesterday..Morgraine had her baby, tough time, she went unconscious at the delivery...first child.  then her aunt does something to her and plays "family politician" by with-holding her son...so she wouldn't have that kind of immediate bonding with him after birth.. aunty figured it out that it's her half brother's child in the Beltane ritual...and she doesn't want any closer loving "ties" for her to it's father...King Authur. If she's not close to her child then maybe she can raise it her way and insert her own son into an better poistion over King Aurthur some day. How mean..though it's been known to happen in life.

I am looking for one Horde Breame Manor..in Hampshire Co (possibly Dorset by now)., it was bought by an lady Kemp...the school district wanted it and she was able to buy it out from them and now nothing is said of it. Any of you know anything about this area? In this area..Siward De Hediele lived in 1148 AD..his lineage there was an marriage to an William Warkham...by the name of Elizabeth Headley. Grants made in 1301 included one of an William Galllun..

and name I have in two different areas..one is associated with King Eward II..and he was in this area at one time..during his supposed dismiss as King..going by the name of "William de Galey" supposedly....and the other is Guildhem de Gellone...King of Septimania ...he is assoicated to an Judaic Academy in concern to the Templars..and the new thought in history is King Edward II is traveling in the same areas of Ireland and  back to France and never was killed but kept hidden by the Pope.  Supposedly this area is an old King of England area in his era and before...with the Wessex Dynasty.  He was supposedly kept at the Corfe Castle at one time also, and Templar Castle at one time. I am sure that King Henry VIII worked over the area during his realm also.

As far as I know. the Headly family of Winton (some say this is for Winchester" had their manor taken away from them...by King Henry VII's mother while he was being educated in the area. Wikipedia has an entry on William Warkham..and of course "Kent, England" is supposedly the roots of our New England Edward Larkin family early 1600's. He married as his second wife the Rev. Robert Hale out of Kent...widow. We don' tknow whom his first wife an Joanna was. "Butler" could of been one of the surnames for her...with this connection to Ireland in the area and the templars. (Scotland). Reginald Pole family was near by also..this was whom Henry VIII was waiting for his being made Cardinal to divorce Catherine of Aragon...the church refused to make him an CArdinal and King henry VIII's reprisal was to kill the POle family in retribution..one of whom named "margaret" was George Planegent's daughter, they killed him also. Cardinal William Warkham..could been an William Larkin I've been looking for, the one whom King Henry VIII ousted and surplanted in his "Thomas Wolsley" for the Cardinal. According to "Whose Who in Tudor Women" in his early years he had two children by an Joan Larkin.  As he became more promiment in religous affairs, he had her marry an man named Winter/Wynter. They say his parentage is an Peter Larking...but I doubt spelled the way. The Cardinal William Warkham married Elizabeth Headley. If he is the same as the one of William Larkin in his aged years he had an son by the name and also an nephew by the name also...he left in his will for the "Percy" family to raise his son if he should die before he grew up. This whole thing is having it's difficulties these days...some say Edward II never was murdered...and write on with the rest of it...lot of discrempencies in the story. There is also an "Dobson" family with this group also. This place called "The White Lion"...over looking an ancient Saxon river crossing...that gives the Village of Ufford it's name, predates it's first mention in 1618...and was later sold to Francis Bullett (Butler)..near by is an place called "sutton Hoo"...and the whole area has very ancient connections to the early Saxon/Angles of Britain. It is an area that lies between Stonehedge and Glasonbury Tor  also..or the Isle of Avalon in the book I'm reading. The family married the De Clare (St Clare) family were the Lawson in-laws of the Burgh..and part of this group is the King Edward III family. The Boroughs were coming from as far back as King Edward II..and in 1296 thier estates were listed under the name of De Burgh...they have an kindship with Ireland and the Butlers also...who have ties with George Washington also. As you know the "Forrester" and the "Percy" family have our legacy through the Read's/Reed written down... and an family "Association" of their own also. Herbert de Burge was the first Earl of Kent at one time. So do any of you think you can lead to where I  can find this Manor House information. Or what happned to it later on..what was the first name of "Lady Kemp" ?...I have amoung he deans of Wimborne kinship to us was John de Berwick 1286...Richard de Clare..1347...Hugh Oldham..1485...and Reginald Pole...1518.   So with that I close for now...as to the Castle's mentioned there's not to many of the left, they are that old now..though I guess they have made an model of Castle Corfe these days...and the one in France. (actually four Castles the English owned in France)

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 11:22 on 3rd February 2015
Good Morning on this bright sunny day--enjoy itSmile