Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "61"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:22 on 20th February 2015
Good Evening to allSmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:26 on 20th February 2015

Our city "cries" today...they released the news that Blazer Jerome Kersey died at 58 years old from an blood clot from an knee surgery...it hasn't been since Kennedy's death everyone on the tv station breaks down crying giving us the news release. I doubt the younger set remembers him, and the hispanics wonder who he was. They cry because of what he represented...an decent kid worked his way up from poverty, was there always for the little kids..and extremely talented basketball player...and gave everyone "Hope" of an better world... over money and control. You never heard him invoved with drugs..drunk driving...sex orgies...money pay-offs nor bribery and the likes there of..he was an colored guy that broke across the lines of discrimnation and hatred.. He seemed to be an decent person cause he acted like one. These are people of all colors "crying" and all stations in life...and it's really sad.

We got some rain last night...flowers are now in full bloom, daffodils, tulips, crocus, fruit trees...one freeze out goes our food for this year I guess you know.I can' t think of this happening so early in the year...ever. Everyone is talking about the weird weather this year and it's extremes. Japn just had an 6.3 quake off its coast line some miles off it.

I just toured Berkley Castle via TV also...with other extreme (differrent) home buildings all around the world. Today is Friday here...and the weekend is again here..time goes fast these days..talk to you all later on. Have an good day.

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:18 on 20th February 2015
Good evening everyone. It's not been lovely here Pat and the snow is coming back on Sunday.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:40 on 20th February 2015
Getting colder now --the wife has been looking through the window for two hours---i think its time i brought her inWink
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:01 on 20th February 2015

Like I said the old ones are the best Smile

I'ts getting colder here too, we had a crisis with the boiler earlier, it's been playing up for a few weeks wanting re setting and showing a fault code. Anyway I rang our man who fit it and booked him to visit for its yearly service next Wednesday. Five minutes after I put the phone down it started playing up and stopped working. I rang our man back and explained the fault code, within the hour he was here with a new part (a terminal) it was in within 5 minutes and working again. He's coming back next week to do the service. Thanks Nigel Smile

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:04 on 21st February 2015

While I was out thrift snooping I bought an book called Medieval sites in Britain...and page 217 has an entry for "Chillingham" in Northcumberland....called the Wild white cattle of Chillingham....Why are cattle in this book?...well, it says, because there's records of them back to the 13th century...it says basically..where did they come from?... that they know there were Roman strains, and I think I have the answer for you all. When I was researching the Rogers family they were confined to an fort down by the Gernsey Island near the Channel islands...and I think they were there, because they were working then on DNA and manipulations of the genes...they did make the strain called "Gernsey" cattle near by also. Some of the "Alchemy" of it's day perhaps? I go back to my reading.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:17 on 21st February 2015
Good Morning to all who are around --have a nice daySmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:08 on 21st February 2015

Another interesting 'fact' then Shirley, well done!

Hi to POEsters...

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:44 on 21st February 2015
Good afternoon everyone. Chillingham is in what is now Northumbria Shirley. The cattle, 90 of them live in an enclosed park at the castle. There's quite a bit of info about them on the Internet if you want to find out more Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 15:11 on 21st February 2015
Good Afternoon to all who are kicking aboutSmile