'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Marylebone, London

Marylebone

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Commenting on pictures

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 Next >

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 08:07 on 8th February 2009

I love to look through people's contributions and comment on the one's I like to encourage people. I never leave discouraging comments as I do not think that is what POE is all about and also I usually can see the beauty in most photographs. I have noticed lately though that it is the same few people including myself who do make comments.

It is obviously up to the individual whether they think a picture deserves a comment or not and how often they comment. However, when I first joined the site and before I joined the forum I found that I made lots of friends by leaving and receiving comments and I have continued to do so since. So if you have been reluctant to leave a comment on a picture that you like just remember what a great encouragement it is if you receive one!

Edited by: Stephanie Jackson at:8th February 2009 08:08
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Mark Corby
Mark Corby
quotePosted at 14:17 on 8th February 2009

I comment on a photo if its really good and award 5 stars sometimes 4 and explain why. Theres tons of extremely good photos on this site.

I must admit I am pleased when I get a 5 rating or 4 and comment.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:00 on 8th February 2009

I'm always tickled pink when I receive a comment on my pictures.

I'm not a good photographer, and when I take a good picture it's certainly more chance than skill, so positive comments, even on the not perfect pictures, motivate me to keep at it.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:45 on 8th February 2009
Yeah, good point Stephanie. Great for encouragement and making new friends with like minds, as you say.
Jan Minter
Jan Minter
quotePosted at 20:51 on 8th February 2009
I always enjoy looking at everyones pictures as they are posted (sometimes I have to do a bit of catching up though) - I've taken hobby pictures for years and its really nice to have a site where I can display them, receiving stars & comments is lovely!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:03 on 8th February 2009

>>>>sometimes I have to do a bit of catching up though

Crikey, don't we all Jan? The point is you never know what the next picture will show do you.....great stuff members! Keep them coming!!

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 21:21 on 8th February 2009

Thanks everyone. I hope no one thinks I was criticizing though. It is personal choice whether people comment or not or how often. I just thought I would say what I got out of the experience of commenting on people's photos that I like and hopefully encourage people to join in. I know the forum isn't everyone's cup of tea although I enjoy it immensely but I have made friends with people who do not post on the forum but I have commented on their photos in the past or visa versa. It is not only that though - if I leave a comment I really do like the photo!

Nice to see you on the forum Jan and Mark!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:09 on 8th February 2009
I go along with that Stephanie!
TedPremier Member - Click for more info
Ted
quotePosted at 22:10 on 8th February 2009

I like to comment on the photo's (and receiving them) but somethings I can't find the proper (english) words to discribe my impressions.

What I can say is and I hope that I put it right: Stephanie, you have an perfect eye for composition on your pictures. They are great!

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 22:19 on 8th February 2009
Thank you Ted - that is very kind. I have really enjoyed seeing your photos too - they are lovely - I especially love the view of Dartmouth Castle from Kingswear. We like to holiday in the same places! (I think your English is excellent - I wish I could master languages as well - I can only manage a little bit of German!).
1 2 3 4 5 Next >